The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He also made many great saves that got us to the EL final! and gave me a fantastic season, I'm not sure we can repeat that effort this season? but it won't be McGregors' fault.

I recently watched his amazing double save against Leipzig (I think) and find it hard to equate that with the proposition he’s ready to be canned

10 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I am quite astonished why a lot of Rangers fans are so against McGregor re-signing? it reeks of ageism IMO! McGregor has just finished an incredible personal season with some excellent performances, which could be argued without his performances we would never have reached the EL final. Why would any Rangers fan want him replaced just because of his age? he is the best keeper we have,(and has been throughout his career).

This lust for change just for the sake of it is bizarre! if we can replace any player with better quality then I am all for it, however he is the best keeper at the club and the fact that the boss wants him to continue says it all really! unless Rangers fans know better?.

If he was 30 instead of 40 would you be happy for him to re-sign based on his performances?. 

The argument that he has never changed can be countered by the actual damage done last season, starting with the last minute Hearts equalizer at Ibrox. He didn't have an excellent season, it was a mixed bag. When he was good he was very good but.....

Any player can make mistakes but in this case it gives our domestic opposition an obvious tactic to follow to create substantial danger in our box without having to actually create much. We may not expect him to come for cross balls but it makes the defensive duties a lot easier if you have a keeper who will look to dominate at least their 6 yard box.

Then there is distribution, a huge part of the modern game.

His shot saving is excellent but how many that he saves would go past McLaughlin ?  

Your talk of "ageism" is clutching at broken straws. 

The fact that the manager has went with this is more of an argument and now that it is done, we'll just have to see what happens. I've already said my piece on the balance of the squad and that there are too many players in it (as it stands) who need 'managed', whether it be for age (limitations it can bring a footballer) or chronic injury.

Edited by buster.

The fact is that his contract has been extended and McGregor will be with us next season. That much is now just pointless debate. The only issue still to be settled is who will be first choice keeper and it really makes no sense for this to be McGregor.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This thread will be like a car crash if we haven't brought anyone in by the second week of July.  🤣

It’s always the same. Fifty pages so far and what has it told us?

Reports from Spain Morelos is lined up for a move to Seville for 8 million euros. If he wont sign id rather we cashed in but 8 million euros seems light.

We are supposedly back in for Colak. PAOK want 2.5 million. Not sure he is worth that tbh but got to trust the recruitment process.

The Aribo and Kent contract situations remain unresolved. Pre season starts next week. We have a bit more time this season for European qualifiers not starting until early August.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

The fact is that his contract has been extended and McGregor will be with us next season. That much is now just pointless debate. The only issue still to be settled is who will be first choice keeper and it really makes no sense for this to be McGregor.

Why wouldn't it be the man who only a month ago we trusted with a Europa cup final?

I think many who expect McGregor to be a bit part player this season may be surprised.