The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Reports from Spain Morelos is lined up for a move to Seville for 8 million euros. If he wont sign id rather we cashed in but 8 million euros seems light.

We are supposedly back in for Colak. PAOK want 2.5 million. Not sure he is worth that tbh but got to trust the recruitment process.

The Aribo and Kent contract situations remain unresolved. Pre season starts next week. We have a bit more time this season for European qualifiers not starting until early August.

I'd hope there will be higher offers given how he was playing when he came back from the International break in January, this year. That was a game-changing player but you balance that out against his contract situation. It'll be down to what offers come in rather than what we think any price should be.

I don't think we can afford to let all three (Morelos, Kent and Aribo) run their contracts down. Getting one decent fee in would help our bargaining position with the others. It might end up being Bassey where serious offers may come in.

With the players in the driving seat, it rarely works out how clubs would ideally have it.

On 20/06/2022 at 19:39, ranger_syntax said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

The reticence to reduce, and cycle through a lot of talent is annoying.

I think a lot of that stems from the pressures, both internal and external on the club.

Rich clubs who do not accept loss are quite different from those who are not, yet don't as well. 

56 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Why wouldn't it be the man who only a month ago we trusted with a Europa cup final?

I think many who expect McGregor to be a bit part player this season may be surprised.

You may be right but I think this is largely about managing a successful transition and not just who pulls on the jersey 

Just now, Bill said:

You may be right but I think this is largely about managing a successful transition and not just who pulls on the jersey 

Absolutely...it is not a strike against the organization. 

It's an observation found in many winning programs. 

Especially if that winning program is hampered in some capacity.

Not to keep bringing up American sports, but I grew up with this watching the NFL...salary caps...draft placement, and order...going with what was 'known' as opposed to the painful 'rebuild'.

In a way it is a nice place to be.

It just kinda...ahh I wanna see the club move forward..

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

True, but personally I don't believe Jon McLaughlin is the answer like some others do. 

Perhaps the management and coaching staff agree. Perhaps there is a plan to replace McGregor next season. 

This might be the successful transition. We just dont know what it is from the outside.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

True, but personally I don't believe Jon McLaughlin is the answer like some others do. 

Perhaps the management and coaching staff agree. Perhaps there is a plan to replace McGregor next season. 

This might be the successful transition. We just dont know what it is from the outside.

I agree.

McLaughlin probably is not the answer. 

McCrorie kinda had that sketchy loan spell to Livi...at 24 maybe he is not where management would like to see him?

However, that position, and the nature of that position, in goal, is as psychological as it is physical.

Like a pitcher in baseball, or a kicker in football, it occupies a certain head space not required in others. 

You are a team member, but you are also on an island.

Re-signing a club LEGEND like McGregor does nothing to help that. 

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

More of a B team signing but seems a good one nonetheless.

Calvin Bassey has set the bar pretty high for any kid coming up from England with little or no first team experience ..... but he's also living proof that it's a transition that can be made, given enough patience and good coaching.