The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Fire him? Give him a pay-rise / bonus. Signed for £250,000 and sold for £10M - great business. 

I don’t care if we signed him for a bag of nuts the contract is crap 

Lowry is a terrific prospect but I'd be wary of thinking he's ready to replace a player like Aribo.  

We need to bring in a right sided attacker and a No.10 with the funds available from the £10m.  

19 minutes ago, compo said:

I don’t care if we signed him for a bag of nuts the contract is crap 

What do you think a contract looks like that's both more lucrative and achievable ?

If he goes to the Saints good luck,as it is more than likely a wage increase as he is unlikely to play in Europe and have "Ibrox" nights.

However he might conceivably use it as a stepping stone to bigger clubs if he improves at the same rate as he did here.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

What do you think a contract looks like that's both more lucrative and achievable ?

Maybe one that gives the seller the upper hand in any transfer they have had long enough to give him an extension that way we can dictate the price ,in my opinion he’s not that great a player only an asset to be sold at maximum profit and if it was handled correctly we would be rubbing our hands not being over the moon with a derisory 10 million .

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

it would be better if there was no release clause. Though no guarantee we get more cash. 

10 million for last year of his contract seems good if not spectacular. we probably couldn't expect much more.