The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Great business by the club.  Roughly 40 million euros for the last 3 players sold and the barely cost us a penny.  Coupled with the europa money theres a healthy pot of cash building up.  I wonder when well start investing  it in the team.

It's now imperative we get through the qualifiers and make the CL proper. No more Malmos please!

I'm not sure a loan benefits us. 

However, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him on so we can bring in another striker. 

Roofe played 36 games last season and the same the year before. What's that? 15-20 games missed. He did score 18 and 16 goals, though. That is significant, I think.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'll drive the ambulance down for him !!

Reinvesting his wage in a striker more likely to be fit would be a plus.

Given the state that Derby are in, and in league 1, I suspect we will still be covering the lion share of his wage. Seems an odd one at this stage.  I’d rather we sold and recovered some of the fee paid. 

2 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Given the state that Derby are in, and in league 1, I suspect we will still be covering the lion share of his wage. Seems an odd one at this stage.  I’d rather we sold and recovered some of the fee paid. 

I'd along with most would rather we sold, but there won't be a queue.

That Derby are the club involved, says a lot in itself.

If we were to go ahead with this, then I would imagine Derby would be paying a substantial part of his wage.

If they weren't, the deal wouldn't make sense from our perspective.

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Barisic is a very hot and cold player.  On his day he can be terrific but when he's not 'on it' he can be a liability.  

If Bassey is on his way then we definitely need a new LB.  

The issue isn't so much that Barisic can be off form, that can apply to anyone. It's that he is so poor for such a large part of every season. We do have a problem at LB that has been covered up by the unexpected rise of Calvin Bassey and now can't be ignored any longer.

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

The issue isn't so much that Barisic can be off form, that can apply to anyone. It's that he is so poor for such a large part of every season. We do have a problem at LB that has been covered up by the unexpected rise of Calvin Bassey and now can't be ignored any longer.

Let's not forget, Bassey was written off by the majority of the Rangers support after a dreadful performance against St Mirren. 

Fans are ruthless and make snap judgements on players that often clouds their opinions.

Borna is a decent left back but only in a system where he is attacking more than defending (as he was under SG). 

However with the sale of Bassey we need a left back as a matter of urgency and would say same applies to CH position (King is untested, Katic and Simpson are not good enough, Soutar untested at European level and Helander is always injured).

This also highlights that we have a bloated squad - as well as the above, we have players like Kelly, Middleton, McPake and even Roofe that need to be moved on to free up space for new and better players to be added to the squad.