The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Rangers management team have a tough time with youth prospects.

Play them and things don't go well...P45.

Don't play them and fans mump about it. 

It's a huge gamble playing youngsters for Rangers because we have to win every match (which is where I think a bigger league would help).   

Sure, but why do we bring in untested youth players on loan from England and play them then? 

'Too many in our support love the benefit of hindsight, something the management team don't have.'

Too true. Its only a few months ago there was a Ross Wilson appreciation thread, now some who agreed then have their knickers in a twist.

Incredible how fickle we are.

16 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Sure, but why do we bring in untested youth players on loan from England and play them then? 

Fair point.  You'd have to ask Ross Wilson/Gerrard/GvB to get a proper answer but I think they're generally considered a higher standard than our own youths.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Too many in our support love the benefit of hindsight, something the management team don't have.

Lowry is a great prospect and if he thought he had been "rotting" then he wouldnt have signed his extension.  Simple as that 

I would rate Lowry a bit higher than prospect who in my eyes should have been given far more game time this season than he got.  Total waste of that boys talent sitting on the bench.   

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Fair point.  You'd have to ask Ross Wilson/Gerrard/GvB to get a proper answer but I think they're generally considered a higher standard than our own youths.

Maybe, but at the end of the day it just stunts our own prospects growth. At least we have a chance of growing our youth into our own first team players.

25 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I would rate Lowry a bit higher than prospect who in my eyes should have been given far more game time this season than he got.  Total waste of that boys talent sitting on the bench.   

Serious questions;

1. Do you see Lowry every day in training? How much have you actually seen off Lowry, outwith his games in the 1st team? 

2. Would you concede the SG / GVB and their staff (or the RYD staff) know more about Lowry's attributes and what's best for his developments than any of us on a fans forum? 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

ask anyone on here how long i have been saying loan deals are shite. 

Only cost us the league this year mind. 

McGregor wasn't on loan.  Which loan player cost us the league ?  Sorry, but I just can't agree with that.

YOU have been saying loan deals are shite - I wasn't responding to you though, was I ?  The point remains, if our prospects arent ready for 1st team action but another clubs prospects are - because we cant ignore we are fishing in a completely different pool to the EPL teams), without bursting the bank on loan fees and wages, then I see no problem.

It really isnt as simple as "we have youngsters, play them instead of playing another clubs youngsters".  They can, and will, be at different stages of development, physically, mentally, technically, tactically.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think our loanees were responsible for dropping points in Dingwall, going 2-0 down at home to Aberdeen, the late Hearts equaliser or f*cking up a 2-0 lead at home to Motherwell.  

Suggesting loanees cost us the league is a complete red herring.

30 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Maybe, but at the end of the day it just stunts our own prospects growth. At least we have a chance of growing our youth into our own first team players.

Yes, but that makes the assumption that they are all at the same, or similar, stages of development.  It isnt that simple.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Serious questions;

1. Do you see Lowry every day in training? How much have you actually seen off Lowry, outwith his games in the 1st team? 

2. Would you concede the SG / GVB and their staff (or the RYD staff) know more about Lowry's attributes and what's best for his developments than any of us on a fans forum? 

Exactly this.

We think that a young lad can be just thrown in amongst the hammer throwers of the SPFL.  We give little credit to people like Gerrard or GvB who have played at the very top level to nurture them as they need to be nurtured.