The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

36 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i would want 15 for Hagi right now. 

I want £30m but that's not the way it works.  Hagi might be keen to go and Gio might have preferred replacements.  

We'll see how it goes.  

On 25/05/2022 at 20:29, CammyF said:

Serious questions;

1. Do you see Lowry every day in training? How much have you actually seen off Lowry, outwith his games in the 1st team? 

2. Would you concede the SG / GVB and their staff (or the RYD staff) know more about Lowry's attributes and what's best for his developments than any of us on a fans forum? 

No I dont see any of the players every day.   do you?  Didnt know you had to have that sort of access on players to have an opinion on a player.   I have seen enough of lowry to think hes wasted on the bench and could have done a job for us on the park.  His last game where he scored an excellent goal and had two assists and a man of the match performance is testament to his abilities.   A far better option in my eyes than the likes of Ramsey who did nothing to enhance the team but was always an option when/if fit.   

7 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

No I dont see any of the players every day.   do you?  Didnt know you had to have that sort of access on players to have an opinion on a player.   I have seen enough of lowry to think hes wasted on the bench and could have done a job for us on the park.  His last game where he scored an excellent goal and had two assists and a man of the match performance is testament to his abilities.   A far better option in my eyes than the likes of Ramsey who did nothing to enhance the team but was always an option when/if fit.   

One assist but i agree with you. 

17 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

So you admit that you haven't seen Lowry struggle against amateur teams like Bo'ness United and Civil Service etc? Games where if it were in front of our fans or live on TV hed have been slated. 

I don't have access to the players day to day but I know I have to trust the RYD and 1st team management teams to do the best for Lowry and others - that's part of their job. 

In the last league game at Tynecastle, Lowry tired badly in 2nd half (or dropped out the game) in a game that was played at the pace of a training match.

As explained previously, none of the above is a criticism of Lowry - I rated him very highly but he still needs to develop before he can become a 1st team regular. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So you admit that you haven't seen Lowry struggle against amateur teams like Bo'ness United and Civil Service etc? Games where if it were in front of our fans or live on TV hed have been slated. 

I don't have access to the players day to day but I know I have to trust the RYD and 1st team management teams to do the best for Lowry and others - that's part of their job. 

In the last league game at Tynecastle, Lowry tired badly in 2nd half (or dropped out the game) in a game that was played at the pace of a training match.

As explained previously, none of the above is a criticism of Lowry - I rated him very highly but he still needs to develop before he can become a 1st team regular. 

Maybe he is better with better players round him. 

Realistically though even our very best have off games. 

I saw Bassey almost make a mistake once..... ffs

14 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Maybe he is better with better players round him. 

Realistically though even our very best have off games. 

I saw Bassey almost make a mistake once..... ffs

Yeah, but one mistake from the lad that costs us a goal / points, the vast majority of fans will be screaming for him to be dropped.....

Lowry undoubtedly has great potential.  I'm not sure starting him week in, week out would be the correct thing to do...for him or for the team.

It's worth bearing in mind that Hearts were hardly busting a gut in the last league match.  

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah, but one mistake from the lad that costs us a goal / points, the vast majority of fans will be screaming for him to be dropped.....

We would do that with Messi. It's not a reason not to play him. Rangers fans have spent years criticising Tav they are mental.