The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Glad to read - the Defoe situation last season showed that player / coach isn't ideal ( although we could have done with Defoe the player at the end of last season). 

Tbh it seemed like Defoe had been propelled into a so-called coaching role with no specific terms or boundaries. Which says volumes about some of Gerrard’s final period. 

11 hours ago, craig said:

No idea of their financial standing but they have absolutely zero obligation to let him leave on the cheap. 

I don't know where you think I stated anything about the player being cheap.

I think you are missing my point about releases and clauses of release. 

The intention of my post are workarounds, theories for making sticky situations work on your favor.

11 hours ago, craig said:

And, truth be told, would Rangers really want to get caught up in a transaction like that which would more than likely see increased press and scrutiny - eg, player buys out contract for, say 2 million..... Rangers pay player 2 million signing on fee..... I'd have thought the UK government would be all over that from a sanctions perspective in a heartbeat.

Jesus...

You cat's are wound too tight man.

Theorize a bit FFS.

lol!

51 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We've known this since he signed, have we not?  

Yes. I think he will have to have one heck of an outstanding season for us to justify spending 6million on him. We don't have any spending power now and unless we sell half our team for big bucks i don't see that changing.

I think James Sands would be a very good asset in our playing staff. Time and again he's been drafted into the team with little or no opportunity to find settled form and has shown a calm head and assured performance. Personally, I think with a chance to play on a regular basis Sands could become a terrific player and could fill a variety of positions.

I tend not to trust what I read about contracts, fees, salaries, etc but if he's available at a reasonable cost then I see him as a very welcome addition.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think James Sands would be a very good asset in our playing staff. Time and again he's been drafted into the team with little or no opportunity to find settled form and has shown a calm head and assured performance. Personally, I think with a chance to play on a regular basis Sands could become a terrific player and could fill a variety of positions.

I tend not to trust what I read about contracts, fees, salaries, etc but if he's available at a reasonable cost then I see him as a very welcome addition.

Bearing in mind he's only 21 too, it could be a sound investment if he does well this season.