The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We were linked with a (low chance) of getting Eddie Nketia from Arsenal on a Bosman at the start of the year. Despite this being a very very long shot in the first place it looks like he is set to sign an extension with Arsenal.

Arsenal accidentally leak Eddie Nketiah contract confirmation with star set to sign five-year deal worth £100k a week

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18826489/arsenal-accidentally-leak-nketiah-contract-confirmation/

53 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Looks like our chief scout Andy Scoulding is off to spurs end of the summer. Will be a big loss for us. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10901041/Tottenham-set-Rangers-chief-scout-Andy-Scoulding-assistant-performance-director.html

They come, they go. There's always someone at least as good to take their place. Only the club goes on forever.

21 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Has that guy ever got a rumour about us right 

As far as I can see he picks up on other (usually fairly credible) rumours then posts about them himself.  I don't think he's the actual source of anything but has built up a large Twitter following because he occasionally helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

FWIW, he bothers me by DM on Twitter to share stuff (so I assume he does the same with other accounts which explains his following). I tend to pick and choose what I share though as, more often than not, his information is late and/or second hand to stuff I've already shared and/or dismissed. ;)

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

As far as I can see he picks up on other (usually fairly credible) rumours then posts about them himself.  I don't think he's the actual source of anything but has built up a large Twitter following because he occasionally helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

FWIW, he bothers me by DM on Twitter to share stuff (so I assume he does the same with other accounts which explains his following). I tend to pick and choose what I share though as, more often than not, his information is late and/or second hand to stuff I've already shared and/or dismissed. ;)

So he is basically a twitter transfer grifter then. 

22 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

So he is basically a twitter transfer grifter then. 

Aye, I'd say so but he's far from the only one.  A few bigger names (e.g. Romano) seem to do the same thing and have more credibility.  

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Aye, I'd say so but he's far from the only one.  A few bigger names (e.g. Romano) seem to do the same thing and have more credibility.  

Yes he is definitely a grifter, everything he says is taken as gospel when he just recycles stuff from other people. The Mino Raiola death fake news was a great example. Its just a shame being a twitter transfer grifter is even a thing.