The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It is awkward for us. Do we go out and spend say 3 million on a RW only to sell Aribo and Alfie for 12 million each say and we could have got 3 6 million quid players in for RW AM and ST. 

If we are selling we need to do so swiftly. 

Ross needs to earn his corn here. 

16 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

For the most part yes, but without Ramsey, Diallo and Itten who have yet to be replaced.

Given the value they added this calendar year, not much to replace.

However, being without decent centre forward options cost us in the Eintracht game.

Strange how we have often had the same issue for our European (semi)finals and it has cost us.

67: no centre forward

93: Hately suspension

08: Cousin suspension

22: Morelos injury

The one where our first choice was available, he scored (Stein) and we won.

Back to 2022, the 'same old' won't win the title this upcoming season. 

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

As I’ve said previously, I think we’re waiting to see if we get acceptable bids for Aribo,Kent & Morelos before we commit ourselves to major signings  

Quite understandable, but not the best of situations to be in regards negotiation or timely recruitment.

I think the days of directors/investors converting loans into shares has pretty much gone and to cover any shortfall, it will be interest bearing loans instead.

Ross Wilson is the man who should be managing these situations proactively. Not good we have all three in the same boat at the same time.

We have done very well to convert relative peanuts spent for Morelos and Aribo, to how much they are worth today. But we need to convert a fair percentage of these into big incoming transfer fees.

Huge couple of months for our finances.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Couldn't agree more.

At the moment we are stuck complaining about no signings. I want to move on to the next stage where we complain about the quality of signings made.

At the current rate of progress it will be September before we get to start complaining about the fitness levels of signings. If we are lucky we can start complaining about the team properly in October.

Not acceptable.

Perhaps we have accepted our level given our players? 

Maybe the team are content with working within the confines of Europa League?

No shame in that.

Play our Europa position, focus on the league, and get CL groups next year.

I think, IF this is our M.O. it is pragmatic, and realistic.

I am exceedingly proud of Rangers overall.