The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

See, this is where these transfer threads always lose any appeal for me, when dire warnings are issued to Ross Wilson and his team that they need to give themselves a shake and get on with business.

As if this experience director, a man who spends his life wrestling with the problems of player recruitment and squad management, has been asleep at the wheel or is somehow blind to the difficulties we face. And all he required was for some font of wisdom on a minor fans forum to point out the error of his ways. I can't make up my mind if this is simply absurd or is there are people here who actually believe they have a more profound grasp of player trading than Ross Wilson.

It isn't just about the experience and merits of Ross Wilson. 

Ask Steven Gerrard about his thoughts this time last year and what happened next.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

See, this is where these transfer threads always lose any appeal for me, when dire warnings are issued to Ross Wilson and his team that they need to give themselves a shake and get on with business.

As if this experience director, a man who spends his life wrestling with the problems of player recruitment and squad management, has been asleep at the wheel or is somehow blind to the difficulties we face. And all he required was for some font of wisdom on a minor fans forum to point out the error of his ways. I can't make up my mind if this is simply absurd or is there are people here who actually believe they have a more profound grasp of player trading than Ross Wilson.

Minor?!

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Perhaps we have accepted our level given our players? 

Maybe the team are content with working within the confines of Europa League?

No shame in that.

Play our Europa position, focus on the league, and get CL groups next year.

I think, IF this is our M.O. it is pragmatic, and realistic.

I am exceedingly proud of Rangers overall.

If we don't recruit well just now, we aren't winning the title.

If they get 2x CL money, we continue to EL it....and we continue to lag miles behind their player trading numbers, then we'll be playing catch-up from a long way back.

At the moment, we are close and a good couple of months could set us up to go in front.

Recruitment is key (and outgoing will play it's part in that).

Edited by buster.

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

It isn't just about the experience and merits of Ross Wilson. 

Ask Steven Gerrard about his thoughts this time last year and what happened next.

That's right, it isn't. What do you think it is about then?

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's right, it isn't. What do you think it is about then?

Try reading the same post again #finance@statethebleedinobvious

Edited by buster.