The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

what we talking 20 games between the 4 of them? 30 maybe. 

hmmmmmmm

As Gonzo says, we are in the business of winning games.  Can we risk youngsters ?  I would say only if they really have proven themselves good enough or if we are far enough ahead in games (which is an annoyance for me because we should be starting high tempo, trying to get 2 or 3 goals to the good, which then allows the youngsters game time).

I see a lot of "but Celtic have been successful bringing young players through" - but how many have they brought through since we actually became competitive again ?  None.  When they were winning the league by 30 points they could comfortably do so.  They aren't in that position now.

King and Lowry were getting game time even when we were still vying for the league.  If you are good enough you will get opportunities.  I would contend those opportunities will be greater just now given the background of Vos.

21 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Lowrie was MOTM v hearts then dropped v Hearts for a loan player who is poor......

Different Hearts team and different environment. One was an end of season kick about that had the feel of a friendly match, the other was a domestic cup final and our last chance of silverware. Imagine the outcry if Gio had started King, Lowry and McCann and we had lost. 

Lowery played very well at Tynecastle but I thought he faded and/or fell out the game in 2nd half. 

For what it is worth I thought Amad was fine in SCF and his replacement, Scott Wright was excellent. 

Lowry will get more game time next season, there is no doubt about that. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Different Hearts team and different environment. One was an end of season kick about that had the feel of a friendly match, the other was a domestic cup final and our last chance of silverware. Imagine the outcry if Gio had started King, Lowry and McCann and we had lost. 

Lowery played very well at Tynecastle but I thought he faded and/or fell out the game in 2nd half. 

For what it is worth I thought Amad was fine in SCF and his replacement, Scott Wright was excellent. 

Lowry will get more game time next season, there is no doubt about that. 

3 players different from hearts. 

Amad was ok but faded out of the game. 

Lowry was indeed very good at Tynecastle an away game

55 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Lowrie was MOTM v hearts then dropped v Hearts for a loan player who is poor......

You mean the game before the EL ?  As Cammy says, completely different circumstances, different Hearts team, nothing to play for and, for both teams was a dead rubber.

Lowry will get his chances, I don't think there is any doubt about that - as will King & McCann IMHO.  But they need to be eased in appropriately - which is why we really need to be hammering teams with a high tempo from the start, so we can give these guys 30-45 minutes when a game is done and there is little to no pressure on.

2 hours ago, craig said:

As Gonzo says, we are in the business of winning games.  Can we risk youngsters ?  I would say only if they really have proven themselves good enough or if we are far enough ahead in games (which is an annoyance for me because we should be starting high tempo, trying to get 2 or 3 goals to the good, which then allows the youngsters game time).

I see a lot of "but Celtic have been successful bringing young players through" - but how many have they brought through since we actually became competitive again ?  None.  When they were winning the league by 30 points they could comfortably do so.  They aren't in that position now.

King and Lowry were getting game time even when we were still vying for the league.  If you are good enough you will get opportunities.  I would contend those opportunities will be greater just now given the background of Vos.

We continue to play other teams prospects while leaving ours to rot.  I dont blame Wilson for leaving .   I remember  the furore when kai Kennedy was going to leave and was persuaded to stay.  Look at him now.  Our youth policy is a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

We continue to play other teams prospects while leaving ours to rot.  I dont blame Wilson for leaving .   I remember  the furore when kai Kennedy was going to leave and was persuaded to stay.  Look at him now.  Our youth policy is a disgrace.

"playing other teams prospects while leaving ours to rot" - not much wrong with that if other clubs prospects are better than ours and can add value that our own can't.

It isnt nearly as simplistic as you seem to think it is