Season Ticket Renewal Date Extended

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I see lots of people on twitter getting upset by this but i have no idea why.

I can already foresee the Tim reasoning... "season ticket sales are going poorly"....

Luckily I am in a position to renew but thought about not renewing due to rising costs (fuel, energy etc), but I only really spend disposable  money on going to football and funding my local vinyl store. There will be many who'll be struggling to justify the cost of renewing against souring fuel and energy bills and with inflation heading into double-figures. 

I hear retirement is over-rated anyway. 

38 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Luckily I am in a position to renew but thought about not renewing due to rising costs (fuel, energy etc), but I only really spend disposable  money on going to football and funding my local vinyl store. There will be many who'll be struggling to justify the cost of renewing against souring fuel and energy bills and with inflation heading into double-figures. 

I hear retirement is over-rated anyway. 

Yeah, similar mate.  I am fortunate in that I could renew the 2 ST's for the kid and the ex (whilst I am in Bermuda).  I locked myself into a 2 yr fixed cost energy plan which seems, as of right now, to have been a decent move.

Retirement ?  They will throw me straight in a casket after finishing my final shift.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, similar mate.  I am fortunate in that I could renew the 2 ST's for the kid and the ex (whilst I am in Bermuda).  I locked myself into a 2 yr fixed cost energy plan which seems, as of right now, to have been a decent move.

Retirement ?  They will throw me straight in a casket after finishing my final shift.

It's not just about the ST price- it's getting there (car, public transport, supporters bus), a few pints before hand (not a cost I have as not drank for 11 years), food, programmes etc especially if you have kids - add away trips, cup ties, Euro trips - all adds up.

One of my boys wants a season ticket and I've used the "waiting list" as an excuse (I could afford it, but other-half wouldn't be too happy), but take him along when I can get a juvenile ticket close to my seat, and luckily for me he enjoys the B Team games so I take him to them (thankfully my other twin boy has no interest in watching football). 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's not just about the ST price- it's getting there (car, public transport, supporters bus), a few pints before hand (not a cost I have as not drank for 11 years), food, programmes etc especially if you have kids - add away trips, cup ties, Euro trips - all adds up.

One of my boys wants a season ticket and I've used the "waiting list" as an excuse (I could afford it, but other-half wouldn't be too happy), but take him along when I can get a juvenile ticket close to my seat, and luckily for me he enjoys the B Team games so I take him to them (thankfully my other twin boy has no interest in watching football). 

Cammy, my teenage son hardly ever gets to games these days as he is in an Academy in Reading - but I am still getting the ST for him as I don't want to lose it (almost on halfway line in Club Deck) - he would, I am sure, be more than welcome to sit beside the ex up there - she could meet you outside before the game and also drop him off to you after the game.  Obviously no charge mate - better than the seat going to waste, or me putting it on seatsub

Just a thought mate.