Ryan Jack Out Of Scotland Squad

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Bit different given time scales ETC but in identical circumstances yes. 

I certainly would support us dragging their players out the trenches to face us. 

You'd want us to forfeit a game against a Ukrainian opposition and potentially forfeit millions of pounds, even though we've done nothing wrong? :facepalm:

Just now, Bluedell said:

You'd want us to forfeit a game against a Ukrainian opposition and potentially forfeit millions of pounds, even though we've done nothing wrong? :facepalm:

I think gunslinger would like us to take the eurovision route on all things Ukraine.

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

You accountants are only interested in money. 

Anyway Souness is on my side so I am clearly the boss. 

It's more about sporting merit than money.  

Scotland, Rangers and other sports teams or players shouldn't be punished for political situations outwith their control.  It's also patronising to give the Ukranians a bye.  Surely they want to give their compatriots something to cheer about by qualifying for the World Cup on the pitch (getting a bye isn't worth celebrating).  

In my opinion, it's even wrong to punish Russian athletes for the actions of their country's leader.  

I still hope Aaron Ramsey knocks us out.  😀

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's more about sporting merit than money.  

Scotland, Rangers and other sports teams or players shouldn't be punished for political situations outwith their control.  It's also patronising to give the Ukranians a bye.  Surely they want to give their compatriots something to cheer about by qualifying for the World Cup on the pitch (getting a bye isn't worth celebrating).  

In my opinion, it's even wrong to punish Russian athletes for the actions of their country's leader.  

I still hope Aaron Ramsey knocks us out.  😀

There is no sporting merit to be gained here that's really my point. 

Half their team is in the trenches trying to save their country from obliteration. 

I do understand that it's not a popular opinion and has other issues like no point in us doing it if wales don't. 

Edited by the gunslinger

On 30/05/2022 at 07:42, the gunslinger said:

Bit different given time scales ETC but in identical circumstances yes. 

I certainly would support us dragging their players out the trenches to face us. 

I didnt realise that the Etihad and Goodison Park were the trenches....