Andy Goram Has Passed Away

On 04/07/2022 at 15:35, craig said:

There is no doubt in my mind that for that period there wasnt a keeper in the world as good as him, including the oft vaunted Schmeichel.  Goram was untouchable at times.  That performance at Elland Road will live with me forever !

Cantona was magnificent that night and should or could have scored 5. The goalie was out of this world good. 

Glad for Cantona he got a well deserved goal and so glad people remember how good the Goalie was that night. 

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Cantona was magnificent that night and should or could have scored 5. The goalie was out of this world good. 

Glad for Cantona he got a well deserved goal and so glad people remember how good the Goalie was that night. 

Was probably the best keeping performance I have ever witnessed.  

8 minutes ago, craig said:

Totally agree.

I was attending a company seminar and managed to find a room that i could tune into the match and was sat beside 4 Leeds supporters who where relaying the turf at Ibrox that very day.

After the match they were full of praise for our Goalie and quote them almost word for word " that is the best goalkeeping performance we have ever witnessed, that bastard won the match for you on his own" , well there was his performance and the fact that IMO we scored our best ever away European goal that night.

1 minute ago, onevision said:

Totally agree.

I was attending a company seminar and managed to find a room that i could tune into the match and was sat beside 4 Leeds supporters who where relaying the turf at Ibrox that very day.

After the match they were full of praise for our Goalie and quote them almost word for word " that is the best goalkeeping performance we have ever witnessed, that bastard won the match for you on his own" , well there was his performance and the fact that IMO we scored our best ever away European goal that night.

Which one :)

On 06/07/2022 at 13:17, craig said:

Purely in the interests of broadening the choice, the best goalkeeping performance I ever witnessed took place at Pittodrie in an obscure midweek game in early 1993 that I'm sure no one else will remember. How we won the game 1-0 instead of being thrashed 7-0 remains a mystery. Aberdeen absolutely hammered us for 90 minutes, stopped only by Andy Goram pulling off one impossible save after another. It got to the stage where everyone there that night knew they'd be as well going home because there was no way he could be beaten. I've never seen anything remotely like it before or since.