Souness talking nonsense

7 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I disagree with him.  This is a competitive match and should be played as such.  Otherwise the competition is a joke.  It is enough the Russians are banned.  

I have no idea how a country full of people who are having sons murdered, daughters raped, homes destroyed, history wiped out, future clouded will give a monkies about a football match. 

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I have no idea how a country full of people who are having sons murdered, daughters raped, homes destroyed, history wiped out, future clouded will give a monkies about a football match. 

They took part in Eurovision Song Contest didn't they so a sporting contest  is no different.

They won the song contest via a massive sympathy vote IMO.

yet they loved the outpouring of love at Eurovision. 

Wars aren't entirely won on the battlefield and even those that are rely heavily on morale. 

this war will only stop when the Russian people see they are defeated worldwide. 

Probably the best decision would be FIFA giving Ukraine a place at the world cup and letting Scotland and wales play for another one. 

Pray that we don't encounter FC Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League qualifiers.

If it happens then we will be subject to wave after wave of similar dumb commentary.

Perhaps Souness should just stick to Eurovision and leave football to the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

this war will only stop when the Russian people see they are defeated worldwide. 

Not sure if you're aware but the Kremlin has its own propaganda machine.  It has a decent track record too.  

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Pray that we don't encounter FC Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League qualifiers.

If it happens then we will be subject to wave after wave of similar dumb commentary.

I should add that this would be another opportunity to watch out for the gullible fans that fall for it.

Recall the recent old firm postponement.

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

Hard to fake a world cup mate. 

They wouldn't have to.  

They'd just go down the Evil West punishing Russia by helping out Nazi Ukraine route.

25 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I can only surmise he was mis-quoted. You couldn't have got a much more patriotic Scot than Souness. Just remember his delight when we drew with England.

No reason to think that.