• John Lundstram
    • Glen Kamara
    • Scott Wright
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Fashion Sakala

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/06/22 at 11:00

18 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Aribo, Morelos, Lundstrom and Bassey were all excellent for parts of the season, but for consistency (and some of these goals in Europe) I'm going for Tav.

Makes you wonder just how far this team could go if all produced their best at the same time, instead of a couple taking up main responsibilities as others fade.

The January International break (including AFCON), saw Aribo leave on a high and come back with nothing in the tank. On the other hand, Morelos after having travelled thousands of miles for zero gametime, came back in seriously good nick and produced his best couple of months at Rangers thus far.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

Makes you wonder just how far this team could go if all produced their best at the same time, instead of a couple taking up main responsibilities as others fade.

The January International break (including AFCON), saw Aribo leave on a high and come back with nothing in the tank. On the other hand, Morelos after having travelled thousands of miles for zero gametime, came back in seriously good nick and produced his best couple of months at Rangers thus far.

All the way to the EL final....

On 31/05/2022 at 06:08, Bluedell said:

Aribo, Morelos, Lundstrom and Bassey were all excellent for parts of the season, but for consistency (and some of these goals in Europe) I'm going for Tav.

Sums it up for me too.

Stats revealed around lunchtime today but I'm going for Calvin Bassey.

The growth in his play from positional uncertainty early in the season to immense contributions both at centre half and at left back right through the vast majority of the campaign have made him one of the first names on the team-sheet for me right now. MotM performances in Seville and at Hampden the other week highlighted that. 

There are still some flaws in his game - he can lose concentration at times and he could use the ball a bit quicker occasionally but if he can address those small issues in the same way he has managed to improve his crossing over the last year, then he should be even better next season. Whether that's at Rangers or elsewhere is testament to the year he's had.

As Rousseau has said others in the squad have had good periods - Aribo was by far our best player before the winter break, Hagi was effective before injury, Tav led by example time after time, Lundstram has really grown into the shirt and Morelos was largely excellent after Gio arrived - but, for me, Bassey is the only player to have performed right across the whole season at a high level so is my PotY.