19 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Along with Andy Scoulding, Wilson is tasked with ensuring recruitment remains efficient and contracts an ongoing budgetary juggle. As such, it is an undoubted frustration that so many key players are in the same uncertain contractual situation with minimal clarity on their future.

This task cannot be underestimated. I may be critical of the recruitment from time to time but Scoulding in particular has done a fantastic job.  

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This task cannot be underestimated. I may be critical of the recruitment from time to time but Scoulding in particular has done a fantastic job.  

It's impossible for every signing to work out - injury, lifestyle change, loss of form, personality clashes - all can't be guaranteed no matter what we spend.

However, we have to certainly maximise our chances and, for the most part, I think they've done a decent job with minimal funds. The purse strings should be loosened somewhat over the next few weeks so it will be interesting to see who we bring in.

I don't think Seville has really sunk in for me yet.  Still, getting there was way beyond expectations.

Every transfer window is huge at Rangers but this one is particularly important due to several first team mainstays leaving and a new manager wanting to make his mark.  I'm nervous but also excited about what's to come...

The league is our bread and butter and we were well short of the mark last season.   I expected a clearout last summer but it never materialised.   Too many players in my eyes had ran the course at Ibrox and should have been moved on.   Kent Aribo hagi kamara threaten to be top players but I fear I will be collecting  my pension before they ever do.     As for our defence.... absolutely terrible.   League cup semi final and the 3 0 drubbing are testament to the quality we really have.  As for our manager..I'm not 100 percent sure he is the man for the job.  Too many Jekyll and Hyde performances for me .   We had the league in our hands and he let it slip.   If his plan is just to resign all the same players again then were in for a long hard season.  We have to up our game in the transfer market if we want to try and compete in the CL and the league.  We need fresh faces and new ideas on the park.   Hoping the current squad suddenly find form and blind faith wont cut it for me.  This transfer window better be a good one.   

25 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

As for our defence.... absolutely terrible.   League cup semi final and the 3 0 drubbing are testament to the quality we really have

You're judging our defence on their worst performance of the season?

That's ridiculous.  

Did Liverpool fans judge their 2020/21 defence on their hammering at Villa?  Of couse not.

4 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I reckon 55 season was the best, most flowing football I've seen us play in my 47 years on this earth.

This season is the best I've seen us play in Europe, we feared no one, and blew some 'better' teams off the park.

You would think some folk have been watching Saltcoats Vics.

Ross Wilson has done very well for us, and I can't wait to see us after Gio has had a proper transfer window and preseason.

Bring it.

Exactly so. 

37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You're judging our defence on their worst performance of the season?

That's ridiculous.  

Did Liverpool fans judge their 2020/21 defence on their hammering at Villa?  Of couse not.

I used them as examples the pick if the bunch so to speak.  Sorry it's not what you want to hear.  I find it ridiculous that people like yourself continually endorse the mediocrity in our squad.  I called out the squad after the Malmo debacle only to be lambisted by the "we havent clicked yet gang"  and it turned out I was right.  And I fear I will be right again this time around while others put their faith in blind hope.  

14 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I used them as examples the pick if the bunch so to speak.  Sorry it's not what you want to hear.  I find it ridiculous that people like yourself continually endorse the mediocrity in our squad.  I called out the squad after the Malmo debacle only to be lambisted by the "we havent clicked yet gang"  and it turned out I was right.  And I fear I will be right again this time around while others put their faith in blind hope.  

you were right lol. we went of to the EL finals ffs. 

that's quite a bit of self delusion.