RangersTV interview with John Souttar

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Surely the club confer with Castore regards strip colour/design and other related matters before release of these things.

They do.

In my opinion, the Castore stuff is average (not bad but not great).  

Even the lilac top has sold bucketloads, which goes to prove they'll sell well even if they're crap.  

The point of these sponsorships is to make money for the club and the manufacturer and it seems to me Castore have been anything but amateur in that respect. What our fashionistas and negativity-addicts think of particular products is largely irrelevant and certainly unimportant. No one is forced to buy but clearly plenty do.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

The point of these sponsorships is to make money for the club and the manufacturer and it seems to me Castore have been anything but amateur in that respect. What our fashionistas and negativity-addicts think of particular products is largely irrelevant and certainly unimportant. No one is forced to buy but clearly plenty do.

I agree in part.

That is the intent of clubs producing apparel.

However quality does matter? Fit? End user satisfaction?

Following that logic train why doesn't the club just collect rocks and paint them blue, if it is all for charity's sake?

No, quality, fit, durability, and sizing are all important factors that I feel Castore, quite often, falls short of in their Rangers line. 

I have purchased a few items, some were deserving of the price point, some were no better than Bangkok street market garb.

Honestly. 

6 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not sure how this could be deemed a "fashionable" opinion. Its actually a fact. They have been designing and manufacturing football related garments for professiomal teams for about 2 years

Doesnt make them amateurish though.

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agree to disagree. Last season's  lilac abomination alone doesn't do anything to change my opinion. 

You think that Castore have final decision on colour scheme for the teams they produce kit for ? :roflmao:

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I still don't get McTominay. At all.

He was brutal last night - I wouldnt pick him for my team at his natural CM position.... so quite why the national team manager would pick him at CB is beyond me !

Just now, craig said:

Doesnt make them amateurish though.

At risk of being pedantic, it's always best to use language that expresses what you actually mean. He didn't say amateurish. He described Castore as amateurs, which they're clearly not. 

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I have a serious question.

Who does their sizing, Warwick Davis? 

I have never had to wear a 4X in anything.

Disco is dead.

Let a man breath for God's sake.

Soul destroying their sizing :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Had to check to make sure this wasnt the transfer rumours thread :D