Official: Goldson signs new four year deal

On the contrary, great sentiments and although I don’t rate him, he is a total professional who handled his final year really well OFF the park. I’m not buying his quote completely as his agent has been working for 6 months to get him a EPL club, but none clearly fancy him so he stays with us. The 20/21 form will do fine, the 18/19, 19/20 and 21/22 form, no thanks.

It's been frustrating but I kinda like the way Goldson has handled this. He's kept his options open right to the end but said nothing to the press or spilled his thoughts to loose tongued acquaintances. With this behind him I hope he can find a renewed focus on his work at Rangers.

15 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm surprised but pleased. Begs the question: why didn't he sign months ago?

He says in the RTV interview that he wanted / needed to discuss this with his family. They went away for a week and agreed to sign a new contract. I don't think he was short of options. 

7 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

On the contrary, great sentiments and although I don’t rate him, he is a total professional who handled his final year really well OFF the park. I’m not buying his quote completely as his agent has been working for 6 months to get him a EPL club, but none clearly fancy him so he stays with us. The 20/21 form will do fine, the 18/19, 19/20 and 21/22 form, no thanks.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had offers from E.P.L. teams that are likely to struggle.

It must be hard to go from the later stages of European football to a relegation battle.

The money is enough for most but not all.

10 hours ago, onevision said:

Obviously not about money but length of contract on offer was stumbling block.

That makes sense and explains why he could have been so reluctant to announce a decision either way.

12 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

There is room for everyone, including bunnet hustling Nationalists.

We have everything on here, conspiracy theorists, Putin apologists,  former Royal Marines(spit), cnuts from Ershur and the Loave(ians), ........... etc.

I seem to have missed the cut.

Thank fuck.