Official: Goldson signs new four year deal

I'll take an experienced player like Goldson over a new signing any day of the week. Goldson knows the league, he knows the standards expected at Rangers and he knows how we play. A new signing in such a key area could take a good few months to settle and in a tight 2 horse race we cannot afford any slip ups. Last season proved that.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

His comments after the Hibs semi didn't help his standing.  I was annoyed at the time but in retrospect, I think he was just in the heat of the moment and not thinking straight.

Those comments only raised him up in my eyes. He spoke the truth when so many just offered the usual coached platitudes and the fact he felt compelled to speak up at all spoke volumes for his character. Like so many before him, Goldson has suffered far too much from the predictable willingness of certain fans to create and hang on to their favourite scapegoat.

Is he perfect, will the offers from Europe's top clubs come rolling in? No, but his value and importance to Rangers at this time is surely beyond question for anyone with eyes to see. 

Bit underwhelmed reading Jordan Campbell in The Athletic say Gio has a "'small" budget this window and this seemed to be confirmed by Heart and Hand who mentioned a £6M budget. 

If they are close to the truth, means we are going to have to sell before we buy and will interesting to know what % of any sales will go to strengthening the squad?

Also quite worrying given the money we took in from the sale of Patterson, the compensation for SG and his team, the amount of merch we've shifted, season ticket renewals and most importantly, the money we made from European run. 

On 03/06/2022 at 11:42, Bill said:

Those comments only raised him up in my eyes.

Admitting defeat to a rubbish Hibs side before the match is over is a bizarre thing to admire.  

20 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Bit underwhelmed reading Jordan Campbell in The Athletic say Gio has a "'small" budget this window and this seemed to be confirmed by Heart and Hand who mentioned a £6M budget. 

It's where we're at, as a club.  

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

If they are close to the truth, means we are going to have to sell before we buy and will interesting to know what % of any sales will go to strengthening the squad?

Also quite worrying given the money we took in from the sale of Patterson, the compensation for SG and his team, the amount of merch we've shifted, season ticket renewals and most importantly, the money we made from European run. 

Who knows how much money we've "taken in" from the sale of Patterson or the compensation for Gerrard? These might well be staged payments and while the guarantee of future cash may help borrowing, it does little to pay bills today. Nor do we know the scheduling of current commitments for previous recruitment. Also, it would be useful to know how much of the EL earnings have been allocated to bonuses. I imaging we're much more financially secure than we were but are still essentially playing catchup. We'll never get ahead of the game if we immediately spend any operating surplus we achieve .... which is why Ive been saying for a while now that we still have several years to go before we can consider the rebuilding of Rangers to be complete.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Admitting defeat to a rubbish Hibs side before the match is over is a bizarre thing to admire.  

It's where we're at, as a club.  

What he said was literally true. He didn't say it at half time he didn't say we didn't try. He stated there was no way back after we found no way back. He stated we can't let ourselves get that far behind. 

Rather stating the obvious wasn't he. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Nevertheless, you did get it completely wrong. Like many others it seems.

I was always curios if people were deliberately not understanding him or not. 

Just curiosity as the result is the same either way in the end.