Official: Goldson signs new four year deal

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I was always curios if people were deliberately not understanding him or not. 

Just curiosity as the result is the same either way in the end. 

Too many people have a propensity for a) jumping to the wrong conclusions and b) agreeing with their mates

"Defensively we were poor, it was three chances and three goals. You just can't give yourself a three goal mountain to climb. 

Then we're 2-0 down and then they score a third goal and the game's over. We can be in there at half-time and say believe in ourselves, and blah blah, but the game's over, you're 3-0 down, 3-1 down at half time.".

Where have I misunderstood what was said?

Edited by Gonzo79

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

"Defensively we were poor, it was three chances and three goals. You just can't give yourself a three goal mountain to climb. 

Then we're 2-0 down and then they score a third goal and the game's over. We can be in there at half-time and say believe in ourselves, and blah blah, but the game's over, you're 3-0 down, 3-1 down at half time.".

Where have I misunderstood what was said?

Hard to say but Goldson is just stating the obvious as i say. 

I asked before when was the last time we won from 3 nil down?

I can only remember one team doing it in 90 mins world wide in my life though (Man Utd v Spurs) i am sure it happens a few times a season worldwide. 

We got a draw v Hibs from 3 down in a meaningless game certainly. 

“We need a spark as, I don't want to say this, but I feel that we have lost a bit of hunger. All of a sudden we are champions and we don't need to work as hard which is wrong.

"I feel that it's crept in all season, we haven't been good enough the whole of the season so far. Hopefully the new manager can come in. and give us a spark.

"I'm not going to sit here and not give Hibs credit. They have beaten us fair and square. We didn't deserve to win the game but as Rangers Football Club, our standards need to be so much higher.

"Attacking wise we didn't create anything, again. As a team at the minute we are not performing, it's as simple as that.

"It's back to front, not one individual can off that pitch and hold their head high. We have a lot of work to do.”

He said a bit more than you focus on as well. 

14 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

“We need a spark as, I don't want to say this, but I feel that we have lost a bit of hunger. All of a sudden we are champions and we don't need to work as hard which is wrong.

"I feel that it's crept in all season, we haven't been good enough the whole of the season so far. Hopefully the new manager can come in. and give us a spark.

"I'm not going to sit here and not give Hibs credit. They have beaten us fair and square. We didn't deserve to win the game but as Rangers Football Club, our standards need to be so much higher.

"Attacking wise we didn't create anything, again. As a team at the minute we are not performing, it's as simple as that.

"It's back to front, not one individual can off that pitch and hold their head high. We have a lot of work to do.”

He said a bit more than you focus on as well. 

I thought i quote posted this last week but seems i never (too much alcohol or old age) - but reading that now looks like its a dig at Gerrard and co. Read Similar quotes from Arfield since and it resonates.

14 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm glad Advocaat's team didn't think the game against Shelbourne was over at 3-0.  

As I posted the other day, it's all about context.

Shelbourne were/are a part-time team and we were always going to finish that game the stronger. Two penalties also helped and it was the new manager's first game.  It was also the start of a new season and a new era with a side full of new players.

The Hibs game was markedly different. Gerrard had just left, we'd conceded a penalty for one of the Hibs goals and we were all over the shop at the back. Our incoming new manager was in the stand as opposed to the dug out. It was late November and we'd turned in some poor performances already that season. We were there for the taking...

Again, I think Goldson's comments were still ill-advised but, in the context of that game, I can see why confidence was low that we could turn it around. 

Now, if we were 0-3 down against Dunfermline in our first League Cup tie of last season in August and the lad had said that I'd have been much more concerned. 

As much as football players are paid a lot of money (far too much in some cases) to play a game of sport, that doesn't mean they're infallible either mentally or physically. Mistakes happen on and off the pitch so I'd treat these comments as an error made in the heat of the moment and I'd interpret them in that Goldson felt that game was gone that one time NOT that any deficit in another game couldn't be clawed back.  There is a fairly clear difference there...