Official: Goldson signs new four year deal

53 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Wonder if we’ll go to a back three next season with Goldson, Souttar & a.n other ( maybe for home SPFL games)

It must be an option, surely? We've used it to good effect, albeit defensively. 

Sands played/plays CB in a back three. 

(I had forgotten about Sands; he's another CB we have.)  

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Not for me thanks.

If we really do need another centre back then time to look for better.

Fair enough :)

I wonder who there would be available that is better in our price range - genuine question, and I am sure there are plenty, but would be interested to know who we might be looking at.

Personally for me I just feel Balogun is plenty good enough for domestic games.  That said, I admittedly would be showing too much sentiment towards the whole lot of them that got us to the Europa final last season.

33 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It must be an option, surely? We've used it to good effect, albeit defensively. 

Sands played/plays CB in a back three. 

(I had forgotten about Sands; he's another CB we have.)  

This is a good shout. 3 players very good on the ball too. 

we should be using our CB to bomb forward next year against the diddys and wreak havoc. 

2 hours ago, craig said:

I think I would keep Balogun - loves the club, gets it and, one would hope, wouldnt be demanding a massive salary to stay.  

Definitely keep Balogun. He turned in some really impressive performances towards the end of the season and was always a safe pair of feet to turn to. Good pace too.

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Didn't know that. He's really gone down in my estimation.

I keep in touch on a regular basis with Alan , no matter your opinion on him regards football or otherwise , he’s nothing if not his own man and not easily swayed . Let’s just say we had a very open and honest discussion on this topic .

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

I noticed @BrahimHemdaniwas an Alba candidate the other week - have you joined the Green party?

As the saying goes, judge a man by the company he keeps.

Part of me wishes he'd succeeded if only because the readon for his sacking from the the Rangers Fans Board would probably be revealed. 

Not my gift to give alas.

Edited by forlanssister

46 minutes ago, rbr said:

I keep in touch on a regular basis with Alan , no matter your opinion on him regards football or otherwise , he’s nothing if not his own man and not easily swayed . Let’s just say we had a very open and honest discussion on this topic .

RBR,

Why doesn't he continue to post on Gersnet?

There is room for everyone, including bunnet hustling Nationalists.

We have everything on here, conspiracy theorists, Putin apologists,  former Royal Marines(spit), cnuts from Ershur and the Loave(ians), ........... etc. They all find comfort applying their tongues to a vast expanse of glass. Encourage Brahim to re-enter the fray, we deserve to be entertained.

Talking of the barking, whatever became of the Star Wars archer? Just as well R2D2 didn't trap at Agincourt.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I think I would keep Balogun - loves the club, gets it and, one would hope, wouldnt be demanding a massive salary to stay.  

I'm inclined to agree re Balogun.

Interestingly Goldson was bigging up Leon King in his RTV interview today so hopefully we can expect to see more of him.

2 hours ago, craig said:

I wonder who there would be available that is better in our price range - genuine question, and I am sure there are plenty, but would be interested to know who we might be looking at.

Personally for me I just feel Balogun is plenty good enough for domestic games.  That said, I admittedly would be showing too much sentiment towards the whole lot of them that got us to the Europa final last season.

I couldn't suggest anyone as I don't watch any other football. It could well be that there is not a better option out there.

He would do for domestic matches but I would rather have someone better for Europe.