Despite all the negativity surrounding this choice of WC venue, I see no reason why it can’t be as good a tournament as any other. I like Qatar, been there dozens of times. Doha has a brilliant airport, great hotels, great transport, and I’m sure the venues and organisation will be first class. I’m seriously thinking about taking a couple of weeks to visit during the WC to see how it goes but will probably base in Abu Dhabi to avoid the inevitable price hikes and congestion.

20 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

@Bill as you are acquainted with the region, can you settle an argument for me. I've been told that people in that region do not like the Flintstones cartoon but I thought that those in Abu Dhabi do.

giphy.gif

I think a lot of people will be doing what you are planning to do staying in the UAE and Bahrain as there is not enough hotel spaces for people expected. To be honest I hope it is a total flop and all the money they spent goes to waste I doubt it will though.

2 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

I think a lot of people will be doing what you are planning to do staying in the UAE and Bahrain as there is not enough hotel spaces for people expected. To be honest I hope it is a total flop and all the money they spent goes to waste I doubt it will though.

There are a hell of a lot of hotels in Doha 

Wales will be there, and Scotland won't. 

You might think that this, and the fact that Wales, a Principality of c3.17 million,  whose national sport is rugby, overturned a Ukrainian team which comprehensively out thought and out played the Scottish National XI, would give the SFA, and its manager, pause for some thought. It won't, of course. Not even the huge loss of revenue caused by this latest failure is likely to do so. 

Being short changed seems to be acceptable, to the SFA, to the media, various, and to the betartaned baw-faced Rangers-hating nationalists who seem to comprise the majority of the support. 

Next up, for Clarke, is  apparently, Armenia, ranked 92nd in the world by FIFA, (Scotland is 39th) ,in a double header, in a 'competition' the meaning of which eludes me, save as a means to put more fitba' on the box, as if that was needed. A gimme, surely?

(The population of Scotland is, well, we don't know, but it was estimated at 5.45 million in 2019.) 

19 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Wales overturned a Ukrainian team

Ukraine were the better side yesterday.  

Wales defended excellently and looked well organised, for the most part.