Conservative Leadership Race | Rishi Sunak to be next Prime Minister

The prime minister has won the day , now he should get the members of the conservative party  who voted against him ask them to resign their seats and fight a byelection 

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

Two choices now. Resign or call a general election

Anything else merely delays the inevitable.  At least if he goes now, there’s 2 years for a new PM to rebuild public confidence going into the next GE.  

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Anything else merely delays the inevitable.  At least if he goes now, there’s 2 years for a new PM to rebuild public confidence going into the next GE.  

You and I are frighteningly in sync these days.

I'm not sure which risk is greater - that of a plotter tory gaining Number 10 .... or Starmer as PM with the SNP and LibDems in tow.

• Rousseau changed the title to PM wins confidence vote
10 hours ago, Bill said:

You and I are frighteningly in sync these days.

I'm not sure which risk is greater - that of a plotter tory gaining Number 10 .... or Starmer as PM with the SNP and LibDems in tow.

There's an analogy about broken clocks that might apply here :)

That aside, it seemed more of a statement of the obvious on my part, when you look at how the last few votes of confidence have gone for the Conservatives.

My bigger fear, is that Boris will Trump it out and continue on this path of self-destruction, dragging as many people down as he can with him.  Our credibility as a nation seems merely collateral damage to him.