Davie Wilson passes away

Had the pleasure of meeting Davie a few times over the years and he was always an absolute gentleman. It's been a dreadful last 12 months or so in losing club legends.

Thoughts with Davie's friends and family.

Sad to hear.

I recall when i was around 10yr old travelling on the Airdrie to Glasgow train my grandad pointed out that sitting across from us was Davie Wilson explaining who he was and how good a player he still was.

He obviously overheard and commented that my grandad was exaggerating and that he was never THAT good, it wasn't until later in life that i found out for myself that my grandad never exaggerated and that he was in fact a true Rangers legend.

RIP Davie.

Have fond memories of Davy--the day he ran into me when he scored V Third Lanark(was sitting on pitch due to crowd overflow) and the night I had him in my flat when he was selling insurance--a true gentleman and legend.

RIP Davy.

My first Old Firm match at Celtic Park was the 1st January'66.

It had been freezing the entire Christmas - New Year week and, as was customary for Celtic at that time, they covered the pitch in hay bails. The game was on, the pitch was rock hard and frozen on top. Davie Wilson skated through the opposition to put Rangers one up in the first minute. Half time was the same score.

In the second half, three of the Sellik players, John Hughes included changed their footwear to baseball boots. They ran in five unchallenged to run out 5-1 winners. However, the scene of Davie Wilson running arm aloft, backdropped by a dozen hay bales continues.