Julian Assange extradition

20 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Quite a few names you might like in that film.

Fender Tremelo and Marshall Strat are certainly memorable.

I actually have a Fender Strat (and a Tele), three Gibsons and a Marshall cab but I don't have a tremelo (on any of my guitars) or a Rickenbacker.  

I wonder if Julian Assange plays guitar?

47 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I wouldn't rule it out but, like his specific offences, I've yet to see it reported on in the press.

The press didn't and don't like being shown how to do their job properly, regards holding power to account.

The mainstream media increasingly know their place and it is no longer as a pillar of democracy. A building that is crumbling (or has been repossessed).

1 hour ago, buster. said:

The mainstream media increasingly know their place and it is no longer as a pillar of democracy. A building that is crumbling (or has been repossessed).

It’s not yet time for elevenses and buster has already won the day’s literary prize.

On 18/06/2022 at 22:47, Gonzo79 said:

Fender Tremelo and Marshall Strat are certainly memorable.

I actually have a Fender Strat (and a Tele), three Gibsons and a Marshall cab but I don't have a tremelo (on any of my guitars) or a Rickenbacker.  

I wonder if Julian Assange plays guitar?

Lemmy played a Rickenbacker in Hawkwind and Motorhead. RIP Lemmy. 

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

RIP Lemmy. 

To 'rest in peace' is an odd, as well as a very generic, term. 

If there is a Heaven and Hell, no one will be resting in peace anywhere and I'm pretty sure which way someone like Lemmy will have gone.  Nowhere in the bible is resting in peace mentioned.  If you're an atheist, you don't really believe in souls, so it's neither here nor there.  

I wonder which direction Assange will be heading when the CIA decide his time is up.  

You look at what is going on in the world and it is no wonder they made such a sustained effort to get rid of someone who was capable of bringing out the truth and holding power to account.

The message behind this and the direction of travel is chilling.