Julian Assange extradition

I feel very uncomfortable about this extradition. It’s hard to see on what basis it’s being granted ... there must be one but I can’t see it. He published leaked info, yes, but he didn’t steal it. The guy who actually stole it has got off relatively Scot free.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I feel very uncomfortable about this extradition. It’s hard to see on what basis it’s being granted ... there must be one but I can’t see it. He published leaked info, yes, but he didn’t steal it. The guy who actually stole it has got off relatively Scot free.

The Special Relationship.

They tell us what they want, we do it.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

The Special Relationship.

They tell us what they want, we do it.

You’re back to being hysterical again. It really doesn’t take the debate forward at all.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

You’re back to being hysterical again. It really doesn’t take the debate forward at all.

When did being accurate become hysterical ?

When you don't like the answer.

What do you think the dialouge between the US and the UK reduced down to ???

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

What do you think the dialouge between the US and the UK reduced down to ???

I’ve no idea. I didn’t mention any special relationship. But since you’re clearly obsessed by it, feel free to fill in the gaps.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I’ve no idea. I didn’t mention any special relationship. But since you’re clearly obsessed by it, feel free to fill in the gaps.

You said "It’s hard to see on what basis it’s (extradition) being granted". 

I would agree and offered a theory on at least what will be part of the reason.

The relationship between the US and the UK will have played an important part in this extradiction.

How many other countries would have been able to get us to force this in the way we have ?

The only argument partially against that IMO, is if the UK is/was as interested, as the US, in removing a hugely significant way of holding power to account, exposing lies and bringing truth.

55 minutes ago, buster. said:

You said "It’s hard to see on what basis it’s (extradition) being granted". 

I would agree and offered a theory on at least what will be part of the reason.

The relationship between the US and the UK will have played an important part in this extradiction.

How many other countries would have been able to get us to force this in the way we have ?

The only argument partially against that IMO, is if the UK is/was as interested, as the US, in removing a hugely significant way of holding power to account, exposing lies and bringing truth.

So are you saying there is a special relationship after all and that’s what drives the decision to extradite. It’s all very confusing and contradictory but no doubt based on solid research for your magnum opus on US foreign policy

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

So are you saying there is a special relationship after all and that’s what drives the decision to extradite. It’s all very confusing and contradictory but no doubt based on solid research for your magnum opus on US foreign policy

You never want a serious discussion when you get uncomfortable with subject matter. Your MO has always been to ridicule or withdraw.

Generally, you can deliver an opinion but you often struggle to constructively debate points.

Just now, buster. said:

You never want a serious discussion when you get uncomfortable with subject matter. Your MO has always been to ridicule or withdraw.

Generally, you can deliver an opinion but you often struggle to constructively debate points.

You took such care over those few words that I could believe you actually think I might value your opinion. You apparently learn very slowly. We've been here so many times in the past and your memory should tell you it never ends well. I'll leave it there in case I get dragged into your inevitable next exit. Hugs and kisses.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

You took such care over those few words that I could believe you actually think I might value your opinion. You apparently learn very slowly. We've been here so many times in the past and your memory should tell you it never ends well. I'll leave it there in case I get dragged into your inevitable next exit. Hugs and kisses.

The same MO applies to your way of dealing with anyone who makes it complicated for you.

Fair enough, your call, but it is almost fraudulent and certainly disappointing given the persona you like to project. You much prefer delivering a sermon.

I learnt that short stints on here with long intervals in between is a much healthier way to go.