Løvenkrands departs Fremad

Unpleasant news for Peter. He seems to have agreed to part ways with Danish side Fremad Amager, after one season in management.

The season appeared to have been  a rough one.

The player's life is brutal, however the life of a manager can be tenfold. 

I had hope for greater success for Peter as I am a big fan.

A bit of me hoped that he could possibly come home to manage our team in some capacity.

Peter was one of the first faces I came to love supporting Rangers. 

Always a faithful servant to the club I had high hopes for him as he left the club.

“It was a very satisfying end to the season. After much and careful consideration and talking it through with my family and the club, I have decided to leave the club and pass the baton on to someone else to lead the club next season and in to a new chapter."

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-hero-quits-job-after-extremely-challenging-season-in-homeland/

Whatever his decision, hopefully he finds continued success in his life.

I will always be a fan.

"He Always Scores Against Celtic!"

Not a household name, but Fremad Amager played their one and only ever European tie in a competition that Rangers were the holders, the ECWC of 72/73.

We were unable to defend the trophy for well documented reasons. 

Hibs did play in it and reached the quarters and had players who scored hat-tricks in all three rounds played.

Including in a 6-1 victory at Easter Road against Sporting Lisbon. The days Scottish provincial sides were relatively decent. In 1972, Scottish clubs were top performers in European co-efficient terms (numero uno).

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method1/ccoef1972.html

Still on 72/73, the then high flying Leeds Utd struggled to beat the Turks, Ankaragucu by a single goal in the same competition. The following season on our return, we got Ankaragucu in the first round and hammered them 6-0 on aggregate. In the same round Borussia MG of Netzer and Heynckes score 16 and would go on to beat us in the second round. 

Peter Lovenkrands scored the goal against Inter Milan to take us to the KO stages of the CL. IIRC he went on a prolific scoring run around about that time which were the last 6 months of his contract.

He would go on to score in both legs in the last 16 tie against Villareal, a team we have drawn against in each of the 4 times we have played them.