Leon Balogun says goodbye

leonbalogun

Verified

Took me some time, but eventually it is time for me to say goodbye … 

Thank you to every single soul at the club working their socks of, making sure me and the boys can focus on performing at our best. A lot of whom we work with on a daily basis: kitchen staff, medical staff, sports scientists and athletic trainers, as well as our two girls Katy and Hannah. You have shown and taught me -in your very own way- the dedication that is expected and I thank your for that. 

Thank you to the managing staff and especially to my amazing team mates over the 2 seasons, who welcomed me from day one as a player and a friend. Who have pushed me to be better and taught me the Rangers way. A lot of highs, a few lows that made our bond even stronger. We became invincible champions, the class of 55 … those magical European nights at Ibrox that led us all the way to the final. And eventually we crowned my time at the club with the Scottish cup. Thanks for all the memories, the laughter and for sharing some of the best moments in my career with me. 

And last but not least, a massive thank you to you, the supporters. You are one crazy, passionate bunch. High expectations, that can be intimidating at times - but I loved every single second of it. 
All your messages over the past 2 weeks have been incredibly overwhelming for me and at the same time they’re the greatest testimonial I can get for my time at Rangers. It has been an absolute privilege and honour to represent you near and far. 

One of the most frequent questions I’ve been asked in my time at Rangers was if I understand the size of the club and what it means - thanks to you, I do now. 

We are the people and you are my people - Forever Blue 💙

I wouldn't have been upset if we had kept him. Good cover at centre half with great experience and seemed to truly get Rangers.

All the best Leon and hopefully see you back at Ibrox cheering on the famous. 

Leon Balogun generally did well when he played and all the best to him.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd prefer a consistent central defensive pairing rather than a mix and match dependent on which of the injury prone otions are fit (I note Souttar was injured when with Scotland / no idea as to extent of injury).

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not according to reports.  He was left out as a precaution.

Precaution !

Doesn't sound encouraging, does it ?

Not a player who is going to be able to play 2 games a week for a sustained period.

Edited by buster.