On 23/06/2022 at 11:56, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Another lefty hypocrite, wonder if he took any refugees in the end. Didn't he also go down the bankruptcy route to stop his first wife getting some of his estate in the divorce. Surprised he didn't get 'cancelled' over this. Maybe all those refugees he took in has got him some credit in the lefty social justice bank. 

Thought he was on the Geldof boat with Lily Allen, Emma Thompson and Jamie Oliver getting the hell out of dodge after Brexit, but suprise suprise they are all still here. 

• 1 month later...

So the afformentioned Emma Thompson, patron of the Refugee Council, has recently described the UK as ‘a cake-filled, misery-laden, grey old island’

Love this reply from The Spectator,

Stuff Emma Thompson.

Britain would be in a much better place if her kind shrivelled up and blew away with the wind.

I seem to recall that post-2016, she declared Britain was ‘finished' because of Brexit, and made a big show of EU-solidarity and went to live in Italy, Venice if I recall properly.

To prove that they were so much better than the rest of us and so heavily committed to life as an EU supporter, they bought the posh flat in the city centre, learned the lingo and became citizens.

Then, in February 2020, as Italy experienced the ‘first wave’ of that imaginary dreadful disease that ‘engulfed’ the world..........

.......Thompson and her husband returned to Brexit Britain - and went to live in their country pile on the banks of a Scottish loch.

So much for solidarity with the EU........so much for being in love with Italy.........so much for hating ‘mad’ Britain.

Princess Fabian Sanctimony is utterly contemptible.

Lost so many good people during the pandemic, I just so wish Thompson had passed instead.

What is it with British arty farty folk that makes so many of them despise Britain?

I know Orwell referred to intellectuals having a similar disdain but I wouldn't class most actors and actresses as intellectuals.  Maybe they're just copying the intellectuals to increase their credibility.