I suspect I have arrived at that stage?

Recently, the likes of Alan Anderson, Davie Wilson and now, Drew Busby have all passed.

I remember Drew Busby at Third Lanark, he scored their last ever goal. He reappeared at Airdrie and became a strong running centre with a regular goal touch. He played in a Diamonds team that finished sixth in the old First Division. A lot of folks of my generation will remember that Airdrie side - Black, Cowan, Whiteford, Busby, Jarvie, Wilson, Jonquin, ....... etc. In 1972, Rangers won the ECWC and Airdrie contested the texaco Cup final against Brian Clough's Derby County, losing 2-1 in a two legged final. Airdrie defeated Man City in the semi-final, Busby scoring home and away.

It is strange. Hearts would have been a big step up for Busby in professional terms. Jambos have fond memories of Drew but, I remember Busby as an Airdrie player.

I'm pretty sure Drew Busby was playing in the first game I ever attended, Hearts v Rangers in early 1974.

The thing I remember most was a thick black tache that dominated his player card (not sticker). You'd go to school with a stash of cards to swap and use to play various types of games to win cards from others.

One was...who could throw the card the furthest...wins the others card.

The other was placing the card on a wall at about chest height, letting it go. Then the other player would do the same and you both would keep doing the same until one card landed on top of the other. Whoever let that last card fall would pick all the cards up. This could lead to a major win (or loss) 😃

Edited by buster.

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

....placing a card on a wall at about chest height, (then) letting it go. Then the other player would do the same and you both would keep doing the same until one card landed on top of the other. Whoever let that last card fall would pick them all the cards up. This could lead to a major win (or loss)

Why don't you offer this methodology to Sturgeon & Cronies, Inc.?

God knows, it needs all the help it can get,  and your scheme is clearly cheaper than Idyref2, and may even have the benefit of legality.