BBC Scotland and Rangers to resume coverage

To my mind this is a complete climb down by BBC Scotland. Rangers have had to concede nothing and BBC Scotland are, in effect, accepting that Rangers have been in the right all along. I expect the punditry will continue to have an anti Rangers slant, at least in the short term. Should they not meet the editorial standards, I'm sure we'll be having a quiet word with them to put them right.

I wonder what it was that brought this U turn about. Pressure from London? Maybe SG has been having a quiet word with those in power (outside Scotland)

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

@ian1964should write back to BBC London and tell them that he was correct in his complaints as BBC Scotland have admitted wrong-doing and that their complaints system isn't for for purpose.

Maybe the purpose of the system is just the containment of the discontented.

An agreement in this case will involve levels of compromise on both sides. 

If such an agreement was ever to take place, that was inevitable.

The precise details of that will be hidden behind a carefully worded statement. That is how it works.

Those who claim to both never consume the broadcasters output, yet are also experts on the subject seem to want blood, rather than such compromise. The detail of which, they don't actually know. 

Rangers have to think of coverage, publicity and a great deal of our supporters who would like to have their club covered on the national broadcaster. It is also about encouraging upcoming generations of potential supporters.

We are in the process of normalising/improving many aspects of the club.

This process began in March 2015 and ironically it wasn't long after when this whole McLaughlin/BBC thing started or perhaps more accurately, became official. Prior to that, the beeb actually took the side of the club or at least the spivs in their efforts to keep Rangers fans onside but that meant it allowed itself to be used a conduit against those (on the outside) with the best interests of the club, eg. Dave King (who via Jim Traynor ended up showing McLaughlin the door).

Those aspects that we are looking to build and improve, from commercial to the football operation include media and we can't continue to be a club who are constantly at war with everyone.

A first step and of course, don't expect loving coverage as per any club´s own media channel.  

ps. can't help but feel that Kenny McIntyre has been instrumental in pushing this from from their side. 

Edited by buster.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

if later they want to become 'an expert' on it.

Has anyone said they're an expert or wants to become an expert on BBC Scotland football output?

Dear God, I hope not.  🤣

55 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Don't know about becoming an expert, but I'd far rather form my own opinions than use those of someone online, who I've never even met, even if they are valid.

No disrespect the the 26th, I do enjoy his outpourings  😀

An 'expert' not an expert.

😃

Not being such an expert myself... A question came to mind. 

Would the relatively new cost of media access to the Ibrox press room apply to BBC Scotland ?

Edited by buster.