An end to animal farming

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

quotes attributed to the Nobel winning climate modeller Fred Otto

Given the current (global) state of affairs, I take things like the Nobel Prize with a pinch of salt.

Is it won on merit or is it won because it suits an agenda?

14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The only media outlet i trust to give accurate information is the Daily Sport.

Aliens ate my fish finger too!  😀

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The only media outlet i trust to give accurate information is the Daily Sport.

The only things I trust are the conclusions I reach in my own head. At least they reflect my own agenda rather than someone else's. As for Nobel Prizes, I quick look at winners over the years tells you no to place too much trust in those guys .... they gave a Peace Medal to IRA Chief of Staff Sean MacBride.

Don't ask why, or where, but I had a look at a part of the internet that is quite different from this one. 

It was filled with literally hysterical reaction to the latest climate horror story in the guardian.

These people were demanding an end to meat and dairy. It is hoped that such measures will prevent continued increases in temperature. I was a bit surprised by the extent to which that was being demanded.

I wonder if someone can stop all of this as I don't want to get protein from alternative sources.

Edited by ranger_syntax

On 28/07/2022 at 16:09, Gonzo79 said:

You mean I might not have to buy sandbags and install aircon at home immediately, Bill!?

You can never have enough sandbags. They’re quite good at stopping bullets and shrapnel. 

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

These people were demanding an end to meat and dairy.

This is just the power and gas thing again. Give up meat and dairy(fossil fuels) as its killing the planet but we don't have any viable alternatives so any actual meat and dairy(fossil fuels) left is going to cost a fortune. As if they never learned the first time. Maybe we should just skip a step and give massive corporations all our money already.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This is just the power and gas thing again.

Far too common for people to have an online tantrum but not once think about the practicalities/reality.  

Classic Film Reaction GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

On 28/07/2022 at 13:42, Gonzo79 said:

I've spoken to a few people are almost in a state of panic about sea levels and temperatures going up massively in their lifetime.

It feels like we're constantly being encouraged into panic mode about whatever is top of the agenda (Covid, racism, climate change, sexism etc.), whereas there's usually statistical, fact based evidence to the contrary, if you choose to look for it (which, I appreciate, can be difficult when you spend your life flailing around like a hysterical nutcase).  

So true. Ignorance used to be bliss, now it’s an excuse for hysteria 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not about saving the planet it’s 

land grab. Most farms are owned by independent individuals. It’s the biggest issue in supply chain for corporations. They are not profitable enough at source.

governments are passing legislation to reduce profitability of running a livestock farm and therefore forcing farmers to sell.