[FT] Livingston 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 73; Tavernier 74)

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't think that Souttar needs time to settle in.

I think that both he and Goldson just had a bad day against a tricky opponent.

I'm pretty sure that this same fellow played at Ibrox last season and caused a few problems then too. I don't think he is particularly good but sometimes a big striker can just dominate his opponents.

Of course Souttar needs time to settle in. All new players do.  

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Soutar does not need time to settle he needs to muscle up and stop being bullied off the ball plus a little bit of speed would not go wrong.

I don't expect him to get any faster.

He doesn't need to muscle up either.

He was up against one of the few S.P.F.L. opponents that could beat him in a physical contest.

15 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The away draws to Aberdeen, Ross County spring to mind. Draws in these games essentially handed the momentum to Celtic going into a crucial OF game.

Poor choices, no?

We were ahead in both before giving each away.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Poor choices? I've highlighted two games that we threw away 4 pts. We got all three pts today. Very apt choices IMO.

I thought that a better analogue would be a match where we went behind early and failed to regain the lead.

16 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Of course Souttar needs time to settle in. All new players do.  

Yup, to deny this is simply foolish. They can all kick and head a ball but only do so well when confidence is high and for many that requires time to feel accepted by staff, fans and fellow players. Unless of course robots are the future.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

I thought that a better analogue would be a match where we went behind early and failed to regain the lead.

Does it matter? We got three points on a notoriously tricky ground/pitch for goodness sakes. That was our main objective on match day 1.