I think that Calvin Bassey is a good player. He does have some glaring weaknesses though. We've sold him now so there should be no problems talking about that.

He can't head the ball and usually looks like he doesn't know what to do when the ball is in the air. Even Frankfurt knew this as he was targeted early on in the final.  I often found myself completely baffled by the praise he got as it was often a case of recovering from his own mistakes.

Hopefully he can make a drastic improvement at Ajax as additional payments and sell on fee would be nice. He does appear to be very coachable so I wouldn't rule it out.

Sadly it hasn't started well. Looks like he has been red carded 15 minutes into his first match.

We shouldn't speak ill of the departed.

He was a solid servant to the club.

The club served him, and he enriched the club in the end.

God bless him, and may he always find success against others. 

14 hours ago, Malangsob said:

We shouldn't speak ill of the departed.

He was a solid servant to the club.

Titter.

You'll speak ill of a player before he has even kicked a ball.

Not sure how familiar you are with Bassey's time at Rangers but "solid servant" suggests a level of consistency that he didn't provide.

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Titter.

You'll speak ill of a player before he has even kicked a ball.

Not sure how familiar you are with Bassey's time at Rangers but "solid servant" suggests a level of consistency that he didn't provide.

Of course.

Critiquing current players who will have an impact on our future, and back snipping a proven professional who was moved on for a record fee, are two different things.

IMHO, one of the two, is quite pointless, and borders on petulance. 

I will let you decide which. 

As for Bassey's service, and my gauge of it, any player who played at his level, with his pace of improvement, and was moved on those terms...is a TRUE servant in every capacity.