Why is the SNP so bad at governing?

If you look at any SNP supporter's social media you'll likely they think the media is biased or too lenient towards pro-union voices.

If you look at any pro-union supporter's social media you'll likely find they think the media is biased or too lenient towards indy voices.

I just think the media are generally poor, but mostly under funded, and with a preference for click-bait chasing headlines because its clear that soundbites are preferred to nuanced policy positions. 

It also seems to be be more important to get one up your perceived enemy than to debate ideas in a non-vitriolic manner.

5 minutes ago, stewarty said:

It also seems to be be more important to get one up your perceived enemy than to debate ideas in a non-vitriolic manner.

As exemplified by Truss calling Sturgeon an attention seeker. True but not relevant. Better to expose the failure of policy.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

As exemplified by Truss calling Sturgeon an attention seeker. True but not relevant. Better to expose the failure of policy.

Saw a clip of this Truss woman.

Not inspiring, is putting it mildly.

6 minutes ago, stewarty said:

If you look at any SNP supporter's social media you'll likely they think the media is biased or too lenient towards pro-union voices.

If you look at any pro-union supporter's social media you'll likely find they think the media is biased or too lenient towards indy voices.

I just think the media are generally poor, but mostly under funded, and with a preference for click-bait chasing headlines because its clear that soundbites are preferred to nuanced policy positions. 

Depending on tribal loyalties there always be different interpretations .... but that doesn't of itself make one side more 'right' than the other. I read the other day someone on Twitter claiming the BBC was pro-Brexit, which is nonsense, by the bBC's own admission.

The main thing to bear in mind is the SNP has been utterly useless ever since it got the reins of government and if the BBC and STV isn't getting that message across then they're probably not being evenhanded.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Depending on tribal loyalties there always be different interpretations .... but that doesn't of itself make one side more 'right' than the other. I read the other day someone on Twitter claiming the BBC was pro-Brexit, which is nonsense, by the bBC's own admission.

The main thing to bear in mind is the SNP has been utterly useless ever since it got the reins of government and if the BBC and STV isn't getting that message across then they're probably not being evenhanded.

I think some have even claimed the BBC to be on the political Left.

Now that is crazy.

Why is the SNP so bad at governing?

"Saw a clip of this Truss woman"

Why is Holyrood paralysed by the one-party system?

"Yeah, but Westminster"

Why is Sturgeon so corrupt?

"But but but ... Boris Johnson"

Never, ever discuss Scotland without referencing England. Never discuss the farcical SNP without referencing the Toarees. Never discuss Sturgeon's failings without referencing the Toaree leader. This is the basis of pure muppetry.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think some have even claimed the BBC to be on the political Left.

Now that is crazy.

Indeed. The political left certainly is batshit crazy. And pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Indeed. The political left certainly is batshit crazy. And pathetic.

No, it was the claim that the BBC is on the political left that is crazy.

There will obviously be individuals of varying opinions working throughout the BBC but the actual corporation is most definitely anywhere but on the Left. 

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Perhaps, though I don't watch their coverage consistently enough to get a sense of any clear bias in terms of the balance of coverage.