[FT] Union SG 2 - 0 Rangers

So much went wrong last night, it's hard to know where to start. It was so unlike Rangers we have grown accustomed to in Europe, everything that was good from the last 3 years wasn't on show last night. 

We have been punching way above our weight in Europe over last 2 seasons and I've watched far better Rangers teams put in as abject performances. However, that doesn't excuse the performance or result. 

The big question is, can we rediscover our European form in 7 days? And can we qualify for the next round? 

The answer is yes, off course we can, but it seems highly unlikely. 

19 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That's because there is nothing available up front, either marked or crowded out. 

Defenders have been marking forwards since time immemorial. It’s up to the attacking midfield (inside forwards we used to call them) to make the space. One way is to beat a man and draw another, like Laudrup or, like McMillan, rifle a long pass between defenders. The forwards must anticipate what their team mate is likely to do (that’s what training’s for) and run into the space before the cover is organised. All of these skills need talent, though. If it’s not there, not much you can do but hope.

11 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Defenders have been marking forwards since time immemorial. It’s up to the attacking midfield (inside forwards we used to call them) to make the space. One way is to beat a man and draw another, like Laudrup or, like McMillan, rifle a long pass between defenders. The forwards must anticipate what their team mate is likely to do (that’s what training’s for) and run into the space before the cover is organised. All of these skills need talent, though. If it’s not there, not much you can do but hope.

All the above mentioned qualities have been coached out of players now the play like robots when we all know what’s needed a little bit of individual skill and players like dear old Ralph who ran into spaces that defenders never knew existed we could be in for a dire season if this tripe continues 

42 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Let's all slow down...everybody probably looks good in training. As much as we are all slightly baffled by what unfolded last night, all the new players (7?) will require time to settle. Let's be patient and realistic (not attributes that are commonly associated with Rangers fans to be honest...)

Post of the day

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Let's be patient and realistic

I normally am but last night rankled as it seemed there was no real effort shown,IMO,and having attended games for nearly sixty years it was a low for me.

Regards training it is obvious that all levels at Rangers are coached in same tactic sand individuality is now hard to come by.

Roll the returns of Kent/Morelos the two players other teams respect/fear.

Anyway I will be there on Tuesday hoping for the big turnaround but unfortunately will miss Saturday due to a family commitment,seat subbed my seat.