[FT] Union SG 2 - 0 Rangers

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

I normally am but last night rankled as it seemed there was no real effort shown,IMO,and having attended games for nearly sixty years it was a low for me.

Regards training it is obvious that all levels at Rangers are coached in same tactic sand individuality is now hard to come by.

Roll the returns of Kent/Morelos the two players other teams respect/fear.

Anyway I will be there on Tuesday hoping for the big turnaround but unfortunately will miss Saturday due to a family commitment,seat subbed my seat.

I hear you Mack. It was a bitter pill to swallow but like you I've seen a lot of Rangers games. IMO we were always going to have a hangover after last year's amazing run. This was different to 2008 in so many ways as we got to this final by reaching the heights. I just didn't think the come down would be so brutal!

I think we need to focus on what we want this season. The title is THE priority IMO. Europe is a bonus (if it works out). We've brought in some good players that just need time to settle and get used to what is required at Rangers. For me, our immediate aim is maximum points in the league until we head to the cesspit in the east of the city. Hopefully over that period we get established players back and get some new players gaining confidence. Do I want us to pummel the Belgians next week? Of course I bloody do but it is a long season and I don't want to derail it before the first stop because we've not replicated the Euro success from last year. 

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The team in Europe at the end of last season would destroy this team at Ibrox. Unfortunately, we are miles off that level at the moment but I still fully expect to win the game on Tuesday. Whether that will be enough to progress is a different matter.

And we were miles of that level when we played Malmo. Its because its early in the season. Without checking back, I doubt many on here predicted a Europa League final when we lost to Malmo.