Are we in a state of decline or a state of progress?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a state of decline or a state of progress?

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may not be obvious but political stability has increased across the world. Poverty has decreased radically. Diseases affect fewer people. Medical treatment is far more accessible. Famine is less prevalent. Natural disasters kill many fewer people. 

If we are willing to address questions like this from a wider perspective than just our own then the picture improves and that improvement is almost entirely due to the so-called West being able and willing to share its undoubted successes. 

Presumably there was a point to asking the question. Perhaps the questioner could give an opinion. 

I'm really only interested in the West.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

My post was about the west and should therefore be of interest to you. 

Much of it was.

No idea why you were talking about political stability increasing across the world.

Would it be fair to say that you think the same can be said about the West alone? If so then how do you measure that?

3 hours ago, buster. said:

There is a thought 😄

Generally, the Real power can be linked to wealth and the use of this power to influence events, media, politics, think tanks, etc,etc........ on a large scale. 

Good relevant examples would be.....

Military Industrial Complex in the USA

Big Tech companies 

Big Pharma

Bill Gates 

George Soros

46 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Much of it was.

No idea why you were talking about political stability increasing across the world.

Would it be fair to say that you think the same can be said about the West alone? If so then how do you measure that?

You're clearly struggling to understand what is actually quite an explicit post. The answers to your further questions are already answered. I think you just need to read it again. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

You're clearly struggling to understand what is actually quite an explicit post. The answers to your further questions are already answered[sic]. I think you just need to read it again. 

Is that to say that you can't tell us how you measure political stability?

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Is that to say that you can't tell us how you measure political stability?

No, you're wrong again. You should stop posting these endless silly questions intended only to antagonise. Surely you've asked enough questions by now to have accrued something worthwhile to say all by yourself. Perhaps you could pick up the unwritten dissertation on US foreign policy that proved too difficult for Buster and run with that for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, you're wrong again. You should stop posting these endless silly questions intended only to antagonise. Surely you've asked enough questions by now to have accrued something worthwhile to say all by yourself. Perhaps you could pick up the unwritten dissertation on US foreign policy that proved too difficult for Buster and run with that for a while. 

I was genuinely interested in your opinions on the progress that the West is making.

I can't help but be, uh, distracted by the decline in your contribution.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I was genuinely interested in your opinions on the progress that the West is making.

I can't help but be, uh, distracted by the decline in your contribution.

Tell you what, uh, I really can't be bothered. Try, uh, shopping elsewhere.