9 hours ago, Scott7 said:

According to bbc website DU produced a fabulous display to sink Alkmar.

Final score 1-0 in case you wonder how fabulous and how sunk.

I didn't watch the match, but to win it was at least an excellent result for Dundee Utd.

Bookies odds were comparable to when we go up there.

Jack Ross does seem to be putting together an interesting team that may well build on their first year back in the top flight. The more quality in the top division, the better.

That said, can't see anything but a second leg defeat that will put them out but then I didn't give them a chance last night.

In my younger days as a Marine based in Arbroath, me and a few colleagues would nip down to Tannadice on a Wednesday night for their European games. They were able to raise their game repeatedly and had a manager who knew what he was doing. Last night will have brought back the memories for their fans of a certain age and for some, it'll have been the first game they have been to in years.

Edited by buster.