The week's European results turned out perfectly - the complete hero/zero flip from our disappointment in Belgium and DU "flying the flag for Scottish football". It's nice to think of Spence and his ilk being thoroughly sickened by that most brutal shafting. They actually believed they were going to get through! 😂

Having said that, in general, I wouldn't be upset if Scottish diddy teams started regularly making it to the Conference League Group stages. I wouldn't class that as a meaningful success in Europe - the diddy prize money would barely put a dent in the financial gap between us and them. Pluses for us: there's a possibility that they'd contribute to the coefficient, and their fight in the league would suffer as they'd be fatigued by midweek excursions to the arse end of Europe and horsings from the pot A club in their group.

According to bbc last week a “fabulous” United “sank” AZ. 

There must be terrific underwater recovery systems in the Netherlands.

Haven’t looked at bbc today. Private grief and all that.

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is this for real? Iconic indeed...🤣🤣🤣😋🤣

Screenshot_20220812-085630_Samsung Internet.jpg

I suppose it's possible to be iconic in a bad way. Like, and icon that's emblematic of a misplaced sense of hope, or a premature sense of achievment.

Edited by Thinker

22 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sad for who?

I'm laughing my tits off at this. 

You think we should raise the national coefficient entirely ourselves? Other clubs need do nothing? Very well then, we have no euro football and just aim to finish above Keltic every season. I'm laughing my tits off at that.