[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 51'; Morelos 88') - 0 Kilmarnock

30 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

What's rash about it?

Any judgement made refers to the 60 minutes in question.

I would say that judging a player who has literally just arrived in the country, who doesn't know his team mates, may not speak English, who is thrown into a somewhat dysfunctional team (at the moment), after 60 minutes of football is very rash indeed.

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm a bit concerned about the contribution by Ridvan Yilmaz. What does he offer that we don't already get from Barisic? It's not even ninety minutes but I didn't see anything to suggest there might be more to come.

We're you around when Ally Mccoist, Mark Hateley or Andy Goram first signed for the club? If you were, what we're your 1st impressions of them? 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would say that judging a player who has literally just arrived in the country, who doesn't know his team mates, may not speak English, who is thrown into a somewhat dysfunctional team (at the moment), after 60 minutes of football is very rash indeed.

I can only make sense of your comments if you are assuming that I've made some judgement about his potential contribution.

I've not.  That would be entirely your input.

I'm saying that I didn't see anything of note during that match.  If anybody can direct me to something of note then I will be most interested.

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We're you around when Ally Mccoist, Mark Hateley or Andy Goram first signed for the club? If you were, what we're your 1st impressions of them? 

Remember when the Tims wrote off Larsson after his misplaced pass set up an early defeat against Hibs? 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I can only make sense of your comments if you are assuming that I've made some judgement about his potential contribution.

I've not.  ...

I'm saying that I didn't see anything of note during that match. ...

See here for more info.

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He didn't look great but I'm assuming the management team saw something worthwhile, otherwise they wouldn't have paid so much. 

I'll give him til the World Cup before making any serious judgement.  

Well, we have had our fingers burned before and it will happen again.

Your patience is commendable.

Many would just make a rash judgement.

15 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

See here for more info.

Why avoid the question? I'll reword it. If you were around when Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley or Andy Goram signed for the club, in your opinion, what, if anything was worth noting in their 1st 60mins of their league debuts?

Edited by CammyF

Just now, CammyF said:

Why avoid the question? I'll reword it. If you were around when Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley or Andy Goram signed for the club, what if anything was worth noting in their 1st 60mins of their league debuts?

I'm avoiding the question because it is not relevant to anything I've said.

It leads from a misunderstanding of my original point.

I suspect that you've probably been guided down that path by the other fellow though.  So out of good will I will answer your original question anyway.  I did not witness either of the three of these players making league debuts.