[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 51'; Morelos 88') - 0 Kilmarnock

25 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm avoiding the question because it is not relevant to anything I've said.

It leads from a misunderstanding of my original point.

I suspect that you've probably been guided down that path by the other fellow though.  So out of good will I will answer your original question anyway.  I did not witness either of the three of these players making league debuts.

Thanks but I wasn't guided by any one else's post, was just interested in your 1st impressions of 3 players who went on to be Rangers legends after having difficult starts to their Rangers careers. 

Anyway, asked and answered. 

After a couple of pages of the usual straw man stuff it might be easy to forget the original point.

I didn't see anything of note from our new left back yesterday.

If any of you disagree then please tell us what you think that he offers us.

Ok, I'll bite..... 

I like / rate Borna, always have but he is a confidence player. When he is confident he plays well. His crosses have led to numerous goals in important games. However, he has his defensive lapses. 

Borna's strengths are hugging the touchline and giving us width and an outlet on the left and whipping crosses into the box (he can do this from bye-line or from distance). 

What I noticed yesterday was Yilmaz can go and looks comfortable, either wide, but also cutting inside which gave Lawrence more space out wide. 

For a small player, up against a much taller opponent he did win his fair share of headers. 

Wasn't the greatest league debut I can remember but certainly wasn't the worst.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

What I noticed yesterday was Yilmaz can go and looks comfortable, either wide, but also cutting inside which gave Lawrence more space out wide. 

For a small player, up against a much taller opponent he did win his fair share of headers

I can't say I recall any success in the air but cutting inside is definitely something that he did that we rarely see from Barisic.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I did not witness either any of the three of these players making league debuts.

Sorry about that. I try to keep the inner pedant under strict control but it’s a wild beast and breaks out from time to time. Should be ok now for a week or two.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I can't say I recall any success in the air but cutting inside is definitely something that he did that we rarely see from Barisic.

I'm not sure we've seen it from him yet, but I feel that Yilmas will also likely try to beat his man versus passing back (which we see too much of from Borna). 

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Ridvan won several headers in the second half.

As others have said it was probably as low key a debut as you'll see but that in itself need not be an issue. He struggled a wee bit early doors but grew into the game and was perfectly fine after around the 30min mark without being involved much - either going forward or defensively. 

It may take the lad a wee while to settle into a very different culture so we can only hope that happens as quickly as possible.