[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 45pen; Colak 58; Tillman 78) - 0 Union SG

I reckon Tillman will be up all night, adrenalin pumping. Such a clever footballer ... you really think ahead if he plays alongside Hagi.

As Frankie said, we lacked some co-ordination for large parts of the first half, maybe for the time being, we look no farther than Davis. Arfield and Lawrence made up the numbers in attack and kept them well occupied in their half.

Colak is a threat. Makes all the right runs, takes good shots and headers. I might be wrong here, but IMHO, he would have put two of the three chances Alfredo had away. You do wonder whether these tow will be played alongside one another, as it would multiply our goal threat by quite a margin.

Kent was a bit like Sands, in so far that he had some great spells and touches, then gave possession away in rather inopportune moments. Sands looks good, gets in the right positions, gets most of his blocks right and passes as one would expect for a centre-half. But aged 22, he will improve still and become an asset. One does wonder how we will incorporate him and Davies, since Goldson, like Kent, seems to have an auto starting place.

There will probably some "test-games" till we get an idea how best we utilize Lawrence, Matondo, Sakala, Wright, Roofe and Co. once they are all fit. Hope Gio finally goes away from Plan A. Early days still.

One thing I took from tonight is that Lawrence &  Lundstrum are forming  a good MF pairing. 
Also I thought having only Kent as a naturally wide player helped consolidate the central MF

The recent summer signings are still finding their feet but the signs are good. 
It looks like another long season with lots of games & squad rotation will be vital.

30 minutes ago, compo said:

give Morales some game time

Does McCoist get his pronunciation from your spelling?

Tonight, whilst ignoring the match, I drank vodka Martini for the first time ever (in a fine dining rooftop restaurant).  I might do it more regularly after finding out the result.  Not where it costs 12 Euros though!

Bond Loyal

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Does McCoist get his pronunciation from your spelling?

Tonight, whilst ignoring the match, I drank vodka Martini for the first time ever (in a fine dining rooftop restaurant).  I might do it more regularly after finding out the result.  Not where it costs 12 Euros though!

Bond Loyal

Shaken or stirred?

Just in from the game elated and totally knackered from standing the 90 minutes as I have not been too well over last few weeks.

Some really good performances,another dodgy ref. and as for VAR where was it in second when a definite penalty was not reviewed.

Anyway here's to next test.

Amazing night , given Kent , Arfield and Lawrence only turned up for the 2nd half , we need to play at that  2nd half tempo to win against PSV , cmon 

Edited by rbr