So, I've been living down in England for the past wee while and I've just come back from showing the good lady around Scotland. She's English and has always wanted to visit. Needless to say, we had a great time but something caught my attention. 

The amount of foreign beggars on the street who all look incredibly old. I don't mean, roughened up by the streets old, I mean pensioner old. I don't recall this being a thing in St Andrews but then again, it's been a long time since I visited. 

I spoke to an old Indian/Pakistani woman who was easily in her 80's and pitched outside a shop door with begging bowls etc. Couldn't understand a word I was saying. They seemed to be given a ready supply of food from the shops out of the good will of the passers by and all them had a mobile phone. 

S'goin on?

Had to laugh when the lady preferred Falkirk and the Helix to St Andrews. 

8 hours ago, Nevermind said:

So, I've been living down in England for the past wee while and I've just come back from showing the good lady around Scotland. She's English and has always wanted to visit. Needless to say, we had a great time but something caught my attention. 

The amount of foreign beggars on the street who all look incredibly old. I don't mean, roughened up by the streets old, I mean pensioner old. I don't recall this being a thing in St Andrews but then again, it's been a long time since I visited. 

I spoke to an old Indian/Pakistani woman who was easily in her 80's and pitched outside a shop door with begging bowls etc. Couldn't understand a word I was saying. They seemed to be given a ready supply of food from the shops out of the good will of the passers by and all them had a mobile phone. 

S'goin on?

Had to laugh when the lady preferred Falkirk and the Helix to St Andrews. 

Visit glasgow they are mostly young with manicured beards trimmed haircuts expensive trainers and iPhones iam told some have little machines that you can donate by card if your soft in the head 

Lots of Romanian beggars in Edinburgh.  It's all organised, as they get buses to certain spots.  

I used to give a few coins to beggars when I was younger but then I read Nietzsche.   Pity solves nothing.