Royal Air Force recruitment

Some news about recruitment in the R.A.F.

https://news.sky.com/story/raf-pauses-job-offers-for-white-men-to-meet-impossible-diversity-targets-12674409

Apparently job offers to white men have been paused. This is thought to be to help meet diversity targets.

The R.A.F. disputes the claim.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true.

Anyone fancying a career with Crab Air should rest assured, the vast majority of your training will concern the Blue Card.

Unless the colour of the sky absolutely matches the piercing blue of the card, you do NOT fly.

It's close but, you will get marginally more sense out of a Bootneck than you would from a Rockape.

Yeah...these things usually work well. 

I remember back in '06 the USAF was hurting for warm meat, so the Pentagram, in all of their infinite wisdom decided lower requirements to entry.

I spent most of '07 processing paperwork to kick half of the new airmen out.

Oh the stories I have about some of those dirtbags. 

Requirements are established for a reason.

I know it's a new day...but shitbirds...are still shitbirds...and all shitbirds should always be civilian.

Kinda seems like they are trying to intentionally scuttle things...

23 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Some news about recruitment in the R.A.F.

https://news.sky.com/story/raf-pauses-job-offers-for-white-men-to-meet-impossible-diversity-targets-12674409

Apparently job offers to white men have been paused. This is thought to be to help meet diversity targets.

The R.A.F. disputes the claim.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true.

Kent Police did the same and i'd bet my house that most public organisations have or are doing similar to hit quota targets, occasionally hitting the headlines when leaked. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Kent Police did the same and i'd bet my house that most public organisations have or are doing similar to hit quota targets, occasionally hitting the headlines when leaked. 

It's now infecting the private sector too. I now a number of SME business owners who are bringing in consultants to advise on diversity programmes - not because they want to or believe in diversity targets but because demonstrating these commitments is frequently a contractual requirement set out in invitations to tender. No diversity programme, no contracts, no company. Stonewall is just the tip of the iceberg, a lot of people are growing fat by promoting wokery.

The bullshit that companies have to embrace is killing productivity and profits. Seven years before I retired, I built a new factory outside Aberdeen - part way through construction, we had to completely change the plans at huge cost because one corridor wasn't wide enough to allow wheelchairs to pass each other. Then we had to install lifts that no one ever used. And God knows what else. It cost money and time and the delays cost sales. Perhaps these were reasonable from a certain social perspective but were absolutely pointless in practice and were a small demonstration of just how anti-business this country is prepared to be.

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's now infecting the private sector too. I now a number of SME business owners who are bringing in consultants to advise on diversity programmes - not because they want to or believe in diversity targets but because demonstrating these commitments is frequently a contractual requirement set out in invitations to tender. No diversity programme, no contracts, no company. Stonewall is just the tip of the iceberg, a lot of people are growing fat by promoting wokery.

The bullshit that companies have to embrace is killing productivity and profits. Seven years before I retired, I built a new factory outside Aberdeen - part way through construction, we had to completely change the plans at huge cost because one corridor wasn't wide enough to allow wheelchairs to pass each other. Then we had to install lifts that no one ever used. And God knows what else. It cost money and time and the delays cost sales. Perhaps these were reasonable from a certain social perspective but were absolutely pointless in practice and were a small demonstration of just how anti-business this country is prepared to be.

Sounds like bad planning.  Who signed off on that??? 😁

3 hours ago, stewarty said:

Sounds like bad planning.  Who signed off on that??? 😁

No, the legislation changed mid-stream. We agreed that since approval had already been given and work started, we should have been in the clear but planning departments seem to be able to imposed any old crap at any point in the process. We might have appealed and risked a lengthy delay so pragmatism prevailed and we bent over as they knew we would. Bastards.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

No, the legislation changed mid-stream. We agreed that since approval had already been given and work started, we should have been in the clear but planning departments seem to be able to imposed any old crap at any point in the process. We might have appealed and risked a lengthy delay so pragmatism prevailed and we bent over as they knew we would. Bastards.

That’s kinda what I was hinting at.  Legislation doesn’t change that quickly…so when you’re paying Architects, builders, surveyors and other professionals, id be expecting them to be aware of situations like that and advising accordingly 

11 hours ago, stewarty said:

That’s kinda what I was hinting at.  Legislation doesn’t change that quickly…so when you’re paying Architects, builders, surveyors and other professionals, id be expecting them to be aware of situations like that and advising accordingly 

It sounds like you would be correct and legislation is indeed generally a slow moving wagon. However, the implementation of legislation is much more unpredictable and interpretation can change overnight, as I found out. Building professionals are as at the mercy of planning interpretation as the rest of us. One day plans are passed and the paper is in your hands to prove it, the next day they're wringing their hands and telling you that, while it's unfortunate, if you want a building warrant you will need to conform to what we say now.