Is it just me or was Owen Hargreaves one of England's better, if not best, player in that game ?

Sven must be really proud of himself for bringing Lennon off in order to get one of his preferred penalty takers (Carragher) on the pitch - who then showed his manager just why he should be on to take a penalty... and missed it !

England should have waltzed through to the semis with ease if they'd played anywhere near their best. Whether that's down to Sven or the players or a combination of both, they were largely rank rotten and its ironic that Hargreaves gets booed when coming on but then goes on to be one of your best players. I still think the England starting XI is on a par with anyone, but Sven's decision to take 2 unfit strikers and an un-tried one was just bizarre. Even moreso when he never played Walcott in any of the group games.

Didn't quite understand the pundits looking for reasons to blame Rooney's sending off on anyone other than Rooney. I think he was going before he pushed Ronaldo, although that sneaky wee shite was bang out of order. But all these guys play at the top level - they would have known exactly how the Portugese players would play-act and make the most of things.

The way the WC has gone, it was almost expected that some of the best players would miss penalties that they'd score in their sleep for ther clubs. Ricardo made some pretty great saves though. Portugal won't go any further, that's the annoying thing I'd guess.