to be fair Mike to the guy that Rooney stamped on I don't think he was play-acting..... Rooney stepped on his nuts !!! Now, the contention was if Rooney meant it !

As for Ronaldo he had no business being anywhere near the incident..... would love to be a fly on the wall at the 1st ManU training session when they are both back !!

I agree that Portugal won't go further - but I don't think England would have either !!

Guest Gersgal06

Thats fair enough, good players missing easy penalties etc etc etc

But hey, england aint won a penalty shoot out, thats 5 out of 5 defeats at the hands of pens. Not exactly an unexpected result with those statistics.

And, Ricardo has got to be Portugal's hero for today, saving 4 and almost saving the 5th!!!

Italy - World Cup Champions 2006

You can bet the press and fans will be blaming Ronaldo for single-handedly putting England out of the WC when in fact they just played shite. Sven will also get grief, some of it rightly so, but the fact in my eyes is that a lot of those players under-performed.

You can bet the press and fans will be blaming Ronaldo for single-handedly putting England out of the WC when in fact they just played shite. Sven will also get grief, some of it rightly so, but the fact in my eyes is that a lot of those players under-performed.

Without a doubt they under performed but how much of that was down to Erikson? He failed to take enough strikers. Out of the four he took, 1 got injured, the second hadn't played for 2 months prior to the game and didn't look sharp, the third did ok but the fourth didn't even get a chance.

Also, his tactics hindered their play and he insisted on accomodating Lampard and Gerrard when he would have been better off playing with only one of them, with the other being used as a quality sub/ impact player.

The strikers thing was a huge gamble, it just didn't make sense to anyone at all.

Sven's tactics seemed naive at times and he's definitely got his favourite players, but a few of them were rank rotten on the pitch and a change of tactics wouldn't have helped that. For someone who who was so brave to take Walcott, its strange that he doesn't have the balls to drop some of his favoured XI when they're not playing well.

The strikers thing was a huge gamble, it just didn't make sense to anyone at all.

Sven's tactics seemed naive at times and he's definitely got his favourite players, but a few of them were rank rotten on the pitch and a change of tactics wouldn't have helped that. For someone who who was so brave to take Walcott, its strange that he doesn't have the balls to drop some of his favoured XI when they're not playing well.

Spot on. And we thought Alex McLeish was bad!