Well it was a pretty poor game with more talking points than its play deserved.

Obviously glad to see justice done and England out on their arses; they were like Brazil - simply not good enough on the pitch to deserve anything more than they got.

Portugal today seriously missed Deco and Costinha, and even then, England barely looked threatening. Their formation seemed to have been deployed by a manager who simply didn't have a clue how to use his players - and that's blighted England since he took over.

This tournament has seen plenty of big name players underperform though, and today many of them were in an England shirt.

Portugal deserved their win. I wouldn't say they were spectacular themselves but they got forward more and rarely seemed troubled at the back.

Rooney once again let himself down on the big stage and surely a question mark hangs over his future now - he keeps doing such things when it truly matters, and is turning into a liability.

However, did anyone notice Alan Shearer's fury about Ronaldo get the better of him and he invited Rooney to 'stick him'? It was quite possibly the least responsible thing I've ever seen any football pundit say, and I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC have second thoughts about having him on a permanent basis next year. Then again, I'm sure there will be a lot of English idiots who will probably sympathise with what he'd said.

It was clear he'd received a warning through the ear piece and abruptly quit his comment.

Anyway, the best part about all this is we can look forward to WC coverage without tedious 'reports from the England camp' from here on in.

all the more reason for colshy to hate Ronaldo now!

Englands best performance of the tourney and they still get beat!:eek:

If by best you mean least bad, yeah, I agree.

They put in effort when they went a man down but their game was poor.

feckin pissed off.

go to bluenose lounge, topic `slag me here` to take out yer anger on england.

theres just too many things to highlight what is wrong with the england side right now.

falkirk jim was the most accurate to say they`ve got the players to win a tourne but a monkey picking thew team.

well, now he`s gone we can only get better?:confused:

Portugal were fuckin' rank last night, totally rank and didn't deserve to go through.

England weren't much better but even when they went down to 10 men Portugal did fuck all. With all that talent in their team they should've opened England up time and time again but they got all defensive and only kept 1 up front.

I'll take off my Arsenal tinted glasses before I say this so it makes it an unbiased opinion but how fuckin' good is Ashley Cole? No one got by him all night.