Southgate Appointed Boro Boss

What happens if the FA decide that he can't be manager because he doesn't have the right badges? Roeder got special dispensation but his case is surely different...

Roeder is taking the necessary steps to get all his badges during the course of this season, i would imagine 'Boro are going to argue the same thing with Southgate.

Pretty long contract for a guy who has never managed before, showing alot of faith in him.

the thing about this is that at least the managers have an appreciation of glen roeder as he`s been managing for around 10 years now.

i can see the league managers association kicking this decision into touch as it`s the equivelant of someone walking into your job who`s just out of school yet you`ve been in uni for 4 years learning how tto do this job.

not a popular decision with the managers at all.

the thing about this is that at least the managers have an appreciation of glen roeder as he`s been managing for around 10 years now.

i can see the league managers association kicking this decision into touch as it`s the equivelant of someone walking into your job who`s just out of school yet you`ve been in uni for 4 years learning how tto do this job.

not a popular decision with the managers at all.

I thought I read yesterday that the LMA were not going to go against the decision of the Boro board - is that not right ?

I thought I read yesterday that the LMA were not going to go against the decision of the Boro board - is that not right ?

technically boro have twelve weeks to write to the league managers association to say why they fel that southgate is suitable for the job.

if they disagree then a whole load of other agencies get a casting vote followed by the managers of the premiership clubs themselves.

a very hard way of appointing a manager, but i suppose you`ve got to start somewhere.

i just feel this will all end in tears as he`s not suitably equiped to be a boss at the very top.

I cant understand this appointment at all.

Chasing MON and El Tel and interviewing Dowie and Curbishley (or is he still coming to Ibrox Colshy ;) ) and then appointing Southgate :eek:

I always wonder whether a player moving straight into management with his current club gets the respect of his players straight away. It would be hard to be slagging him one day in training but then hes your boss the next.

As Gaz says, Boro could struggle next season.

But if Roeder has been managing for 10 years, shouldnt he have all the badges needed by now.

At least 'Boro seem to be after Southgate's badge right away.

Still think its a crazy appointment though, they'll do well not to struggle.